Wait! Can you Donate?
If your item is still in usable shape, donate it!
Glendale residents can schedule free Bulky and Electronic Item Pickup Service
SCHEDULE YOUR PICKUP
The City of Glendale’s Integrated Waste Management Division collects bulky items that do not fit into your trash container, such as sofas, televisions and mattresses.
Request a bulky item pickup three working days prior to the refuse collection day in your area (e.g. Wednesday for the following Monday collection).
To submit a bulky item pick-up request do one of the following:
- Use the #MyGlendaleApp OR
- Submit an online request: https://www.glendaleca.gov/bulkypickup#collectionForm OR
- Call the City at 818-548-3916 between 7:30 AM and 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday, ONLY.
Requests must be made at least three work days prior to your regular service day. Use this schedule to make sure you get your request in on time:
|Regular Service Day||City Deadline for Pick-Up Request|
|Monday||Wednesday of prior week|
|Tuesday||Thursday of prior week|
|Wednesday||Friday of prior week|
|Thursday||Monday of the same week|
|Friday||Tuesday of the same week|
- Place the items on the curb away from your collection containers.
- Do not place items in the street or alley where they may obstruct traffic or cause a hazardous condition.
- Items may be put out no sooner than 7:00 p.m the night before your collection day and no later than 7:00 a.m. on collection day.
- Construction material can be picked up at cost by a permitted hauler or taken directly to the County Landfill
- Confirm your collection day: map or alphabetized street list.
A full list of bulky items can be found here.
NEW!!!! - Low Grade Electronic Waste (see list below) will now be accepted as Bulky Item Collection. Please place items in a BOX before placing on the street, and scheduling pick up.
- Fax Machines
- DVD/VCR Players
- VHS/CD Players
- Coffee pots
- Any item with a circuit board
- Hazardous materials should be taken to the Environmental Management Center.
For more information, call 818-548-3916 during our office hours:
Monday - Friday
7:30 am - 5:00 pm
Did you know when you use Bulky Item Pick Up for your mattress it's recycled?
The City of Glendale partnered with Bye Bye Mattress to recycle mattresses collected with Bulky Item Pickup!