What is Dial-A-Ride?
A curb to curb transportation service made available by the City of Glendale to its residents who are 65 years of age or older. Disabled residents of any age are also served. Certification of disability from a doctor is required if resident is under 65 years of age.
Dial-A-Ride vehicles travel anywhere within the city and county areas of Montrose, La Crescenta, and within the cities of Glendale and La Canada-Flintridge. Registrants may book trips for both medical and non-medical purposes. To assist shoppers, drivers will carry up to two standard-sized grocery bags or department store packages.
Please note on the application if your pick up location is on a 10% or more grade. City staff will schedule a field check prior to registration to determine the accessibility of our Dial-A-Ride vehicles.
8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Monday through Friday
9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Saturday
9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. on Sunday.
The Dial-A-Ride vans can accommodate multiple passengers and wheelchair patrons. These vehicles are identified by the Dial-A-Ride decals on the sides and rear of the vans.
Please deposit $1.50 for each one-way trip provided by a Dial-A-Ride van. A personal care attendant (PCA) may board the vehicle with a Dial-A-Ride registrant at no charge. For those traveling to a City Nutritional Meal site, there is no fee. Drivers cannot make change or accept gratuities. Exact change is required upon boarding the vehicles.
Making a Reservation
- You must be registered. Register by completing the form and mailing it to the City.
Scheduling Return Trip
You must also make reservations for your return trip in advance. Please let the dispatcher know what time you would like the vehicle to arrive for your return trip.
Taking Your Trip
- Please be ready to board the Dial-A-Ride vehicle at the curb as soon as it arrives.
- The Dial-A-Ride vehicle may arrive up to 10 minutes before your assigned reservation time. The Dial-A-Ride vehicle may also arrive up to 20 minutes after your assigned reservation time. Help us to stay on time by being ready to board the vehicle when it arrives.
- If you are not at the curb when Dial-A-Ride arrives, the driver will wait no more than five minutes after his arrival. Please note drivers are unable to enter buildings or residential complexes to look for passengers.
- Please be sure to cancel your reservation if you are unable to travel on the day of your appointment. Call the reservation office at (818) 247-0691 should you need to cancel or reschedule your trip.
If you have questions, please email dial a ride or call (818) 548-3960, option 2.
City of Glendale Public Works Department
633 East Broadway, Room 209
Glendale, CA 91206