Scope of Work
- Selective removal, reconstruction, and surface grinding of deteriorated pavement and placement of asphalt concrete pavement;
- Overlay of asphalt rubber hot mix pavement (ARHM);
- Realignment of the sides streets and selective removal and repair of broken and damaged sidewalks; curb and gutters; cross gutters, and alley and driveway aprons;
- Removal of substandard curb ramps and construction of new curb ramps that are complaint with the Americans with Disabilities Act;
- Modification of Traffic Signals;
- Installation of striping and other pavement markings and;
- All other appurtenant work.
The contractor will grind and pave the area on Pennsylvania Avenue between Altura Avenue and Montrose Avenue on Thursday, August 15, 2019 and Friday, August 16, 2019 between the hours of 5 PM and 5 AM. The off ramps and on ramps on I-210 Freeway may be closed during those times. Please use alternate routes to avoid delays.
All the work except the following work remains to be completed:
- Traffic signal work at the intersection of Pennsylvania Avenue and I-210 freeway;
- Selective removal of curb and gutter at the median located at intersection of Pennsylvania Ave and I-210 freeway. Install stamped concrete in the median;
- Grinding and placement of asphalt concrete pavement followed by overlay of Asphalt Rubber Hot mix between Altura Ave and Montrose Ave
Anticipated Work Schedule
- The work began in October 2018 and will be completed by September 2019, barring any unforeseen circumstances.
Please check back at the start of the project
- Public Works Engineering, (818) 548-3945
- Project Manager, Saumil Mody, Email