*This project is funded by SB1, California's new transportation funding bill. For more information on how Glendale is putting this new funding to work, visit our SB1 projects page here.
- Highland Avenue, from San Fernando Road to Kenneth Road
- Burchett Street, from Kenilworth Avenue to Pacific Avenue
- Brand Park Access Road behind Brand Library and Arts Center
- Lawson Place, from Merriman Drive to Valley View Road
- Cavanagh Road, at Howard Street
- Vincent Way at Adams Street
Scope of Work
- Selective removal and reconstruction of concrete curb and gutters, cross gutters, driveway, alley aprons, sidewalks, and deteriorated asphalt and concrete pavement;
- Construction of new concrete curb and gutters and longitudinal gutter;
- Construction of curb ramps meeting Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) guidelines;
- Surface grinding of existing asphalt concrete pavement;
- Placement of Asphalt Rubber Hot Mix (ARHM) over Asphalt Concrete Pavement (Leveling Course) and/or Asphalt Rubber Aggregate Membrane (ARAM);
- Adjustment of existing manholes, water valves, water meters, and other utilities;
- Relocation of decorative street lights,
- Sanitary sewer improvements;
- Removal and replacement of four street trees;
- Traffic signal modifications at the intersection of Highland Avenue and San Fernando Road; and
- Installation of new striping, signing, and other pavement markings.
Construction Work Schedule
- October 28, 2019 - February 26, 2020
- Click Here for Preliminary Construction Schedule
UPDATE 02/03/20: The contractor is removing and replacing concrete sidewalks, driveways, curb and gutters, cross gutters, alley aprons, and deteriorated asphalt concrete pavement on Highland Avenue between Glenwood Road and Olmstead Drive. Parking will be restricted and the street may be closed intermittently. Please use alternate routes to avoid delays.
12/30/19: The contractor will be grinding and paving Highland Avenue between San Fernando Road and Glenoaks Boulevard from January 6 to January 14. Parking will be restricted and the street is expected to be closed from 7:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. Please use alternate routes to avoid delays.
12/01/19: The contractor is removing and replacing concrete sidewalks, driveways, curbs and gutters, cross gutters, alley aprons, and deteriorated asphalt concrete pavement on Highland Avenue between San Fernando and Glenoaks Boulevard.
Photos of Construction Area
- Public Works Engineering Division (818) 548-3945
- Public Works Project Manager: Viktoriya Pakhanyan, Email