Integrated Waste Management believes that children are some of our best recycling advocates! The goal of our school program is to help Glendale teachers integrate composting and recycling education into the classroom to engage students in conscientious and positive environmental action.
Glendale school teachers should fill out a registration form to:
- Register for the Mr. Eco Assembly (check for availability)
- Register for the Discovery Cube Field Trip (check for availability)
- Schedule a field trip (transportation not provided) to the Glendale Recycling Center
- Request a free compost or worm bin to be used in the classroom (while supplies last)
- Schedule an in-class visit by one of our Recycling staff(Please note that in class visits can only take place on Thursday)
Please email completed registration forms to firstname.lastname@example.org.
"[The] presentation was stimulating and informative for all students. They are STILL talking about recycling and making good choices about trash!" - 2nd grade Teacher, Monte Vista Elementary School
"I wanted to let you know how useful this experience was to my students...having these hand on experiences was more applicable and taught them more than our reading could have done." - 2nd grade Teacher, Mountain Ave Elementary
"It was a great event! All teachers from Glenoaks who attended truly enjoyed it and would return next year...[The students] LOVED guessing the cans and operating the truck - those are things they'll remember for years." - Principal, Glenoaks Elementary School
LA County also offers a free, fun, interactive, music based program with The Environmental Defenders. This 30 minute program is available for free to all LA County schools and is recommended for grades K-6. For more information on the assembly click here.