The Integrated Waste Management Division collects all single family & most multi-family homes in the City. We appreciate your help in keeping our City clean & healthy!
Glendale Integrated Waste Management drivers pass your home three times on collection day: First time for Trash; then for Yard Trimmings and the 3rd for Recycling. This reduces congestion on our streets and makes collection more efficient.
For more information on Bulky Item Collection and how to schedule a pickup, visit our website.
See below for hazardous waste disposal instructions.
For more information on collection service see our Guidelines for Automated Recycling, Yard Trimmings and Trash Service brochure.
1. Can you recycle or donate? For recycling, see below. To donate usable items, visit www.earth911.com.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to market forces and ever changing types of plastic and packaging, what we are able to recycle is an evolving challenge – stay updated on our website or contact us for more information.
- Plastics: What’s recyclable, what becomes trash – and why
- Life in Plastics: California’s Recycling Woes
- For more information on collection service see our Curbside Recycling brochure
- Visit our Recycling Website!
2. Is the material hazardous? If not, throw it away. For more information on how to handle hazardous and universal waste, click here.
NO Construction material, rocks, dirt, asphalt or wood in your trash container.
3. Consider composting green waste at home.
4. For more information on how to handle hazardous and universal waste, click here.
5. Other resources for disposing of hazardous waste:
- S.A.F.E Hazardous Waste Drop Off (4600 Colorado Blvd, Los Angeles, CA, 90039)
- Open Saturday and Sunday - 9am-3pm
- Visit www.earth911.com for more information.