Hazardous Waste

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option





It is illegal to dispose household hazardous wastes (HHW) in the garbage/recycling, down drains, or onto the ground, as further explained at this State of California website. The Glendale Fire Department accepts household hazardous waste at the City's Environmental Management Center (EMC):


Environmental Management Center (EMC)

780 Flower St.

Glendale, CA 91201

Wednesdays and Saturdays 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.


Please visit the Fire Departments website or call (818) 548-3862 for a pre-recorded message on types and quantities of waste accepted as well as who is eligible to use this city service.



Medical needles do not go in your curbside recycling container!  


The Glendale Fire Department provides sharps container to safely dispose of used medical needles.

It’s easy: 1) Pick up container from EMC 2) Fill & drop off container to EMC 3) Get replacement container.