Wait! Can you Donate?
If your item is still in usable shape, donate it!
Glendale residents can schedule free Bulky and Electronic Item Pickup Service
Call 818-548-3916 or complete the electronic form below three working days prior to the refuse collection day in your area (e.g. Wednesday for the following Monday collection).
Upon request, the City of Glendale’s Integrated Waste Management Division collects bulky items that do not fit into your trash container, such as sofas, televisions and mattresses. To submit a bulky item pick-up request:
• Call the City at 818-548-3916 between 7:30 AM and 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday, ONLY.
• Submit an online request: https://www.glendaleca.gov/bulkypickup or through the #MyGlendaleApp
Requests must be made at least three work days prior to your regular service day. Use this schedule to make sure you get your request in on time:
Regular Service Day City Deadline for Pick-Up Request
Monday Wednesday of prior week
Tuesday Thursday of prior week
Wednesday Friday of prior week
Thursday Monday of the same week
Friday Tuesday of the same week
Bulky Item Pickup Instructions:
- Place the items on the curb away from your collection containers.
- Do not place items in the street or alley where they may obstruct traffic or cause a hazardous condition.
- Items may be put out no sooner than 7:00 p.m the night before your collection day and no later than 7:00 a.m. on collection day.
- Construction material can be picked up at cost by a permitted hauler or taken directly to the County Landfill
- Confirm your collection day: map or alphabetized street list.
A full list of bulky items can be found here.
- Hazardous materials should be taken to the Environmental Management Center.
For more information, call 818-548-3916 during our office hours:
Monday - Friday
7:30 am - 5:00 pm
Did you know when you use Bulky Item Pick Up for your mattress it's recycled?
The City of Glendale partnered with Bye Bye Mattress to recycle mattresses collected with Bulky Item Pickup!