The Glendale Police Explorer program is a volunteer program for young people between the ages of 14 and 21. The program allows the Explorers to learn the “in’s and out’s” of police work and prepare for a rewarding career in law enforcement. It is our goal to develop young men and women into responsible leaders of tomorrow.
Do you have what it takes?
In order to become a Glendale Police Explorer, candidates are required to meet the following criteria:
1. Must be between the ages of 14 and 17 years old at the time of application.
2. Applicants must be in good physical condition and able to complete physical tasks and activities required by the program.
3. Shall maintain a minimum of “C” average (2.0 GPA).
4. The Explorer shall have good moral character and not have negative contacts with law enforcement or school administration.
5. The Explorer should have a strong desire to expand their knowledge of law enforcement operations.
All applicants undergo a selection process prior to being accepted into the program.
Recruits will be required to attend an 18 week Explorer Academy. Explorer recruits will be challenged physically and mentally. As an Explorer, you will be eligible to go on “ridealongs” with police officers, participate in Explorer competitions and volunteer time in the community earning service hours.
If you are interested in becoming a Glendale Police Explorer, or want more information, please contact an Explorer advisor at (818) 937-8776.