Jail Information: 818-548-3124
REMOTE INMATE VIDEO VISITATION SERVICE AT THE GLENDALE CITY JAIL
Families and friends can conduct remote video visits from their personal computers in the comfort of their home, office or anywhere. A Legacy account can be used to pay for telephone calls, pay for remote video visits, or schedule remote and onsite video visits.
Prior to scheduling your first video visit, you must create an account and deposit funds. If you do not already have an account, please register now. The following steps will guide you through the process:
- Create an account
- During account setup, select the facility you will be visiting
- Add funds to your newly established account (accounts can be funded via Credit/Debit Card by phone or online, MoneyGram, Western Union and PayPal)
- After funds are added, click "schedule a visit"
- Log in and join your video visit at the scheduled day and time
Go to the following link and sign up for Inmate Video Visitation at the Glendale City Jail: https://www.legacyinmate.com/prepaid/
The Glendale City Jail opened its new state of the art fully automated podular jail facility on January 26, 2005.
- The Glendale City Jail is certified as a Type I Jail Facility.
- Size: 32,000 square feet
- Number of cells: 48
- Number of beds: 96
The Glendale City Jail is the third busiest municipal jail in the county of Los Angeles. Approximately 500-700 persons are booked into the jail each month.
All visitations are conducted via video visitation daily between the hours of 1 pm to 4 pm for 15 minutes. Inmates are allowed two visits daily. Only one person is allowed admittance for each of the two afforded visitations.
Description of Cells
- Double occupancy
- Standard state regulated 10 x 8 configuration
- Toilet, washbasin, water fountain, and a shower in the day room area are provided
The Glendale City Jail complies with all Federal State and local laws, ordinances and regulations that govern and regulate the housing of inmates.
The Jail Facility consistently receives exceptional ratings by inspecting authorities due to its high standards and is frequently inspected by:
- The California Corrections Standards Authority
- The Los Angeles County Grand Jury
- The Los Angeles County Health Department
- The Los Angeles County Juvenile Court
StaffIt is staffed by fully trained custody officers who attend one of three Correctional Training Academies:
- The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Custody Assistant Academy
- The Riverside County Sheriff’s Correctional Academy
- The Orange County Sheriff’s Correctional Academy
The Glendale City Jail contracts with the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department Food Services Unit. Inmates receive two cold meals per day and one hot meal. A variety of meals are served that vary from corn flake cereal to peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, meatloaf, turkey sandwiches, and spaghetti dinners.
"Pay-to-Stay Weekender Program"
The Glendale City Jail offers a Pay-to-Stay Program for qualified men and women who have been sentenced to serve time in jail, offering an alternative to serving time in the Los Angeles County Jail.
Pay to Stay Application [PDF]
Pay to Stay Description [PDF]
Service Agreement with United States Department of Homeland Security ICE
Please contact 818-548-3124 regarding all information relating to the jail.