Special Event Permit

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Glendale Special Events Office
613 E. Broadway, Suite 200
Glendale, CA 91206
(818) 548-4844
Monday-Thursday: 7:30am - 5:30pm
Office is dark on Fridays and closed on weekends

Everything You Need to Know About Special Events in Glendale

Welcome to Glendale's Special Events Office! The Special Events Office coordinates permits for events that require the use of City Property, including parks, city streets, and sidewalks. Some examples of special events are: parades, carnivals, farmers markets, food trucks, protests, marches, block parties, parking lot sales (4 times of year), and various civic events at city parks.

Before hosting a special event in Glendale, individuals must apply for a special events permit with the Special Event Office. For more information or to submit a special event application please email us at FilmandEvents@glendaleca.gov or call (818) 548-4844.

What We Need

What to Include in the Special Event Application

The Special Event Application must be submitted at least one month prior to the event, depending on the size of the event. The application must give detailed information regarding the proposed event.

When applying for a special event permit, a plot plan (Google Maps or diagram of choice) of the area where the event will take place must accompany the application. The plan must be on 8 ½” by 11” paper and illustrate the setup of the event. If street closure is requested, it must be included in the site plan, and the applicant will be required to rent barricades and post "No Parking Signs" in the appropriate areas. “No Parking Signs” are provided by the City and cost $4 each.

The General Special Event Application costs $31, however, the total cost of the permit depends on the type of event and city services required. For example, if the Police Department determines that officers will be needed for the event, the applicant will be billed the contract rate with a four-hour minimum. The Community Services & Parks department would also charge for services and staff time, as needed. 

If the event will have music playing, the applicant must fill out an Amplified Sound Application.

Insurance Requirements  

  1. General Liability (MUST name City of Glendale as Additional Insured on Endorsement)
    • $1,000,000 Each Occurrence
    • $2,000,000 General Aggregate
  2. An Additional Insured Endorsement is required, naming the City of Glendale as an additional insured.
    •  The statement under “Description of Scope” must read: “The City of Glendale, and its officers, agents, employees, and representatives are included as additional insureds under the policy(s).”
    • This insurance is primary to the coverage of the City of Glendale.
    • The insurance company will not cancel, terminate, or reduce the insurance afforded under the policy unless a 30 day notice of such cancellation, termination, or reduction has been mailed to the City of Glendale.
  3. The endorsement must have the policy number printed on it even if there isn’t a designated space for it.
  4. Please note that the City’s Special Endorsement (L-15) is no longer acceptable.
  5. Please be advised that additional insurance may be required based on the description of the event.
  6. The Certificate Holder should appear as follows:

City of Glendale — Management Services
613 E. Broadway, # 200
Glendale, CA 91206

If you have any questions, please contact our offices at (818) 548-4844 or by e-mail at FilmandEvents@glendaleca.gov.