TEEN WORKSHOP Volunteer Opportunities
Read a Book, Write a Review - EARN COMMUNITY SERVICE HOURS
Read a book and write a review for one hour of service credit. You can review anything that you're reading for pleasure (not for school!)—fiction, nonfiction, manga, or anything you want. Your review will appear on the Teen Speak Blog.
- Reviewed books must be part of the Library's the teen or adult collections. Find out the collection level of the book by checking out our catalog.
- The Summary and Opinion section must be at least 100 words or 400 characters long.
- One week after your submission, you should receive a confirmation email. Under certain circumstances, the confirmation email may take up to one month. Give yourself enough time!
- Plagiarism, a.k.a. "copy and paste," will not be accepted. You cannot use someone else's words to receive volunteer credit. You will be banned from using this site if you are suspected of plagiarism.
- A maximum of five reviews per week will be accepted.
If you are unsure of how to write a review take a look at Teen Speak Blog to see some examples.
Questions? Contact Library staff via email.
Opportunities Outside the Library
Help support the City of Glendale’s Community Services and Parks Department by volunteering and supporting the following organizations and programs:
HISTORIC HOMES, MUSEUM & GARDEN DOCENTS
FRIENDS OF ROCKHAVEN – Provides private tours and education and helps maintain the Rockhaven grounds. Website: http://www.cvhistory.org/rockhaven.htm; E-mail: FriendsofRockhaven@gmail.com; Phone: (818) 248-1707.
GLENDALE PARKS & OPEN SPACE FOUNDATION – A non-profit raising funds to help support City of Glendale parks, open spaces, and programs. Website: http://www.glendaleparksfoundation.org; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
TRAILS AND OPEN SPACE PROGRAM VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES - Actively seeking volunteers to help out with the Restoration Program, Interpretive Program, Trail Maintenance Crew, Trail Safety Patrol, and the Iris Gardeners. E-mail: TrailOpenspace@glendaleca.gov; Phone: (818) 548-3795.
OTHER Community Services & Parks VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES - Please contact one of your local Community Center’s supervisors from the Volunteer Locations List to inquire about current opportunities. Click here for a description of each organization and program.