Teen Volunteer Opportunities at Brand Library & Art Center
Looking for Teen Volunteers for the Brand Library Book to Art Club. The Book to Art Club combines reading, discussion and art-making! You would help to: set up, guide our art activity and participate in the discussion.
Author Events - EARN COMMUNITY SERVICE HOURS
Teens who attend selected Friends of the Library author events can receive up to 2.5 hours of community service hours. Contact Arpine Eloyan via email or at 818-937-7839.
Read a Book, Write a Review - EARN COMMUNITY SERVICE HOURS
Read a book and write a review for one hour of service credit. You can review anything that you're reading for pleasure (not for school!)—fiction, nonfiction, manga, or anything you want. Your review will appear on the Teen Speak Blog.
- Reviewed books must be part of the Library's the teen or adult collections. Find out the collection level of the book by checking out our catalog.
- The Summary and Opinion section must be at least 100 words or 400 characters long.
- One week after your submission, you should receive a confirmation email. Under certain circumstances, the confirmation email may take up to one month. Give yourself enough time!
- Plagiarism, a.k.a. "copy and paste," will not be accepted. You cannot use someone else's words to receive volunteer credit. You will be banned from using this site if you are suspected of plagiarism.
- A maximum of five reviews per week will be accepted.
If you are unsure of how to write a review take a look at Teen Speak Blog to see some examples.
Questions? Contact Arpine Eloyan via email or at 818-937-7839.
- Days of the Verdugos Heritage Association (DOVHA) - Catalina Verdugo Adobe docents. E-mail: email@example.com; Phone: (818) 243-3118.
- Friends of Shoseian - “Shoseian” Whispering Pine Teahouse docents. Website: http://shoseianteahouse.com; Phone: (626) 390-0633.
- Glendale Beautiful - Casa Adobe de San Rafael Park Museum docents. Phone: (818) 248-8151.
- The Glendale Historical Society - Doctors House docents. Website: http://www.glendalehistorical.org; Phone: (818) 242-7447.
- Click here to learn more about the historic facilities.
Opportunities Outside the Library
Help support the City of Glendale’s Community Services and Parks Department by volunteering and supporting the following organizations and programs:
HISTORIC HOMES, MUSEUM & GARDEN DOCENTS
FRIENDS OF ROCKHAVEN – Provides private tours and education and helps maintain the Rockhaven grounds. Website: http://www.cvhistory.org/rockhaven.htm; E-mail: FriendsofRockhaven@gmail.com; Phone: (818) 248-1707.
GLENDALE PARKS & OPEN SPACE FOUNDATION – A non-profit raising funds to help support City of Glendale parks, open spaces, and programs. Website: http://www.glendaleparksfoundation.org; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
TRAILS AND OPEN SPACE PROGRAM VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES - Actively seeking volunteers to help out with the Restoration Program, Interpretive Program, Trail Maintenance Crew, Trail Safety Patrol, and the Iris Gardeners. E-mail: TrailOpenspace@glendaleca.gov; Phone: (818) 548-3795.
OTHER CSP VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES - Please contact one of your local Community Center’s supervisors from the Volunteer Locations List to inquire about current opportunities.
Click here for a description of each organization and program.