Last year, the Glendale Library, Arts and Culture Department asked teens how they would like to improve their community. Resoundingly, teens wanted volunteer opportunities and community events geared towards teens. To fill this need, the Library will be holding a Teen Fair, created and led by teens, at Glendale’s Downtown Central Library on Friday, February 8, 2019. Volunteer community service opportunities are available leading up to the Fair, and include involvement in a Teen Advisory Board. If you are interested or need more information download the Teen Fair flyer or email Library staff.
Learn more about volunteer community service opportunities.
ACTIVITY VOLUNTEERS (2-10 hours of volunteer service) will be trained to lead mini-events leading up to the Teen Fair. Requirements: age 11+, and must attend both sessions.
- November 2018: Pick Me Up Jars & Empowerment Boards
- Pacific Park Library – Thursday, November 1 (3:30 - 5:30 PM) and Tuesday, November 6 (4 - 6 PM)
- Grandview Library – Tuesday, November 13 (3:30 - 5:30 PM) and Thursday, November 29 (3:30 - 5:30 PM)
- Montrose Library – November 16 (5 - 7 PM) and November 17 (3 - 5 PM)
- December 2018: Self-Care Kits
- Pacific Park Library - Thursday, December 6 (3:30 - 5:30 PM) and Tuesday, December 11 (4 - 6 PM)
- Montrose Library - Friday, December 7 (5 - 7 PM) and Saturday, December 8 (3 - 5 PM)
- Grandview Library - Tuesday, December 11 (3:30 - 5:30 PM) and Thursday, December 27 (3:30 - 5:30 PM)
FAIR VOLUNTEERS (10+ hours of volunteer service) will be working on longer-term projects for the Teen Fair, such as the Club Showcase, Selfie Stations and Life-Sized Games. They will also help out on the day of the Teen Fair. Requirements: age 14+, complete volunteer application, and attend all assigned advisory meetings.
- Pacific Park Library: Thursdays, October 11, November 1, and December 6, 3:30 - 5:30 PM
- Montrose Library: Fridays, October 19, November 16, and December 7, 5 - 7 PM
- Grandview Library: Tuesdays, October 16, November 13, and December 11, 3:30 - 5:30 PM
LOCAL HIGH SCHOOL CLUBS (10+ hours of volunteer community service)
Your high school club can design and present activities at the Fair. Participating club members should attend advisory meetings and complete volunteer applications. If your high school club is interested or needs more information please download the Teen Fair flyer or email Library staff.