The interlibrary loan process allows you to borrow materials from other library systems. You will need a current Library, Arts & Culture or Pasadena library card.
- There is a limit of three interlibrary loan requests per week. Interlibrary loan requests cannot be placed on Glendale or Pasadena library materials.
- Sometimes the lending library charges a fee for borrowing an item. We must pass these costs along to you. You will be notified if an item will cost money to borrow and you can either accept or decline the order at that point.
- You will receive a notification when your interlibrary loan request has been filled. Please note, the process may take several weeks or longer, particularly during the winter holiday season. We will make several attempts to locate your requested material. If unsuccessful, you will be notified by phone or email.
- Audio-visual materials and electronic materials cannot be obtained through interlibrary loan.
- Items published less than one year before the request date will not be ordered using interlibrary loan. Please consider instead requesting that the item be purchased by the library. Forms for purchase suggestions can be found at any Library, Arts & Culture location.
- Interlibrary loan materials have a four week loan period. Renewals are not allowed under any condition.
- Complete the online interlibrary loan form below or visit a Library, Arts & Culture location.