SERVICES FOR VETERANS IN GLENDALE
1851 Tyron St
Glendale, CA, 91204
Ascencia is dedicated to ending U.S. veteran homelessness in Glendale and surrounding areas.
- Housing search and placement assistance
- Linking to mainstream financial resources
- Access to Veteran's health care services, education, employment programs, and training services
- Vocational and rehabilitation counseling
Didi Hirsch Mental Health Services
1540 E Colorado St
Glendale, CA 91205
Didi Hirsch Mental Health Services has provided free mental health, substance use disorder and suicide prevention services since 1942.
- Suicide prevention
- Mental health
- Substance abuse
Veterans Resource Center at Glendale Community College
818-240-1000 ext. 3360
1500 North Verdugo Road
Glendale, California 91208
The GCC Veterans Resource Center in offers counseling, outreach, and referral services, guidance and assistance for US military veterans transitioning to community college and civilian life.
Verdugo Jobs Center
1255 South Central Avenue
Glendale, CA 91204
The Verdugo Jobs Center’s mission is to transform lives, businesses, and the community through innovative workforce services.
- Help with developing or polishing resumes and cover letters
- General job search guidance
- Information on licensure, certification and apprenticeships
- Direct referrals to job openings
- Referrals to other state and federal agencies for additional services
540 West Broadway
Glendale, CA 91204
Wellness Works engages the community in restoring hope and a sense of wholeness of body and soul to veterans and their families.
- Cranio Sacral Therapy
- Pranic Healing
- Emotional Freedom Technique
REGIONAL & NATIONAL RESOURCES
U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)
Register with the VA to access federal veterans’ benefits.
California Department of Veterans Affairs (CalVet)
Contact CalVet for assistance with Federal, State, County and private veterans’ benefits.
Veterans Crisis Line
1-800-273-8255 and Press 1 or text to 838255
Free, confidential support for Veterans in crisis and their families and friends.
National Archives: Veterans' Service Records
Request Military Service Records and learn how to replace lost medals and awards.
National Cemetery Administration
Learn about death and burial benefits for veterans.
211 LA Veterans Resource Portal
Search for and access services or receive assistance by chatting online with a trained Community Resource Advisor.