What can you expect at the MakerSpace at the Glendale Central Library?
- Sewing & Quilting Machines: Several Brother Innov-is NQ700PRW Project Runway Limited Edition with 180 built-in stitches including 40 combinable stitches and Serger machines.
- 3D Printers: Ultimaker 2+, Ultimaker 2 Extended+, and Ultimaker 3 Extended.
- Computers: Apple 27 inch iMacs.
- Drafting tablet: Wacom Cintiq Pro.
- Cricut Cutting Machines: Cricut Maker and Cricut Explore Air 2 with adjustable cutting, writing speeds, over 3,000 ready-to-make projects or cuts, and cuts over 100 different materials, as well as a Cricut Easy Press.
- Jewelry Making & Tinkering Tools: Pliers, wire cutters, strippers, staplers, nail guns, lamps, bench blocks, clamps, hammers, and more.
- Color Mixing & Painting Kits: Blick's Acrylic paints, acrylic paint brushes, paper, small canvases, and more.
- Virtual Reality: Oculus Rift systems with a variety of games and VR experiences.
Interested in creating at the MakerSpace?
- We offer an array of instructor-led workshops. You may find as list of upcoming workshops on the Library's online calendar (search for MakerSpace) or you may sign up to our email list for more information.
- If you are interested in exploring the MakerSpace and do some self-led making, visit us during our open hours to learn more about and to use our equipment.
- Monday-Thursday: 12:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- Friday-Saturday:10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Sunday: 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Eligibility for Use of the MakerSpace
- The MakerSpace is available to Library patrons ages 13 and up.
- Users must have a library card and must fill out the <MAKERSPACE USER AGREEMENT> prior to operating any of the equipment in the room.
- Users 13-17 must have a parent or legal guardian sign the <MAKERSPACE USER AGREEMENT> on their behalf.
- Children under the age of 13 may accompany adults using the MakerSpace, but may not use the equipment or materials in the room.
Funding and giving opportunities for Glendale’s first innovative community space can be made through the Glendale Library Foundation. Donations for the MakerSpace wish list are highly encouraged at this time. Please visit www.GlendaleLibraryFoundation.org to find out how you can give to the Downtown Central Library’s MakerSpace. For more information call Library Administration at 818-548-2030.