MakerSpace at Downtown Central
What can you expect at the MakerSpace?
- 4- Sewing & Quilting Machines: Brother Innov-is NQ700PRW Project Runway Limited Edition, 180 built-in stitches including 40 combinable stitches and 10 one-step auto-size buttonhole styles, larger workspace, 3 Alphabet, 1 Cyrillic and 1 Japanese sewing fonts, reinforcement stitch button to automatically sew a tie-off stitch and to easily sew a row of decorative stitches, and an advanced needle threading system.
- 3-3D Printers: Ultimaker2 Extended+ & Ultimaker3 Extended+ 342 x 493 x 688 mm with bowden tube and spool holder, geared feeder, ability to swap nozzle sizes, and optimized airflow.
- 2-Computers: Apple iMac 27 inch display with MatterControl design software.
- 1 -Smart Cutting Machine: Cricut Explore Air 2 with adjustable cutting, writing speeds, over 3,000 ready-to-make projects or cuts, and cuts over 100 different materials.
- Jewelry Making & Tinkering Tools: Pliers, wirecutters, strippers, staplers, nail guns, lamps, bench blocks, clamps, hammers, and more.
- Color Mixing & Painting Kits: Blick's Acrylic paints, acrylic paint brushes (angular, round tip, mottler and splatter brushes) paper, and small canvases and more.
Interested in creating at the MakerSpace?
We will offer an array of instructor-led workshops, self-led making, and drop-in services throughout the year. If you are interested in exploring the MakerSpace sign up to our email list for upcoming workshops or call 818-937-7883 for more information.
Eligibility for Use of the MakerSpace
The MakerSpace is available to Library patrons ages 13 and up. An adult must accompany users under age 13 at all times. Users 13-17 must have a parent or legal guardian sign the agreement form on their behalf. Users must have a library card in good standing to use the MakerSpace.
Funding and giving opportunities for Glendale’s first innovative community space can be made through the Glendale Library Foundation. Donations for the MakerSpace wish list are highly encouraged at this time. Please visit www.GlendaleLibraryFoundation.org to find out how you can give to the Downtown Central Library’s MakerSpace. For more information call Library Administration at 818-548-2030.