- Monday - Thursday, 9:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- Friday, Saturday, 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Sunday, 12:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Information: 818-548-2021
The reimagined Central Library is a public facility like no other in the region. Even before the renovation, Glendale’s Central Library offered state-of-the-art technology for access to information through its extensive collection of books, historical reference documents, e-readers, tablets, audiobooks, CDs and DVDs. Following the renovation, the public has access to more high-tech equipment for creativity including 3D scanners and printers, software and equipment for audio recording, precision tools for crafting, high capacity sewing machines, acrylics and paper for color mixing and painting, and software for computer aided design and animation with 10G connectivity. This enables the public to not only retrieve content, but create new content. People can visit the library to write and record a song, sew a complicated garment, develop a new color scheme, fabricate a product prototype, or bring their 2D artwork to life with animation graphics.
The Central Library is also very pleased to announce ReflectSpace, a new exhibition space designed to explore and reflect on major human atrocities, genocides and civil rights violations. Immersive in conception, ReflectSpace is a hybrid space that is both experiential and informative, employing art, technology and interactive media to reflect on the past and present of Glendale’s communal fabric and interrogate current-day global human rights issues. Read More>
The all-new auditorium provides a platform for artistic expression including performance art like dance, music, spoken word, and comedy. Several new conference rooms with WiFi-enabled computer screens offer meeting spaces for group study, entrepreneurial business development, and social meetups. A new reading spa area provides a comfortable place to relax and quietly enjoy books and electronic devices. Our Children’s Room continues to be a popular space for families, and our computer tech lab helps provide connectivity and computer training to all who seek it.
- Stay up to date! Log into the website to see what’s going on. Sign up for our e-newsletter and we will send information directly to your device! Follow us on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook at @myglendalelac.
- Go online! Our catalog is available. Reserve the materials you would like to borrow and you can choose to pick up your items at any other Glendale or Pasadena Library location.
- Use our databases, e-books and online media anywhere. Library Card holders have 24/7 access to databases for online research, e-books, and eAudiobooks, music downloads, and much more!
- Read our FAQs
- Learn more about ReflectSpace
- Learn about the MakerSpace
- Learn about the SoundSpace
- See photos of the Downtown Central Library construction.