Library, Arts & Culture locations will be close at 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, November 21, 2018. Chevy Chase library will be closed. All Library, Arts & Culture locations will remain closed Thursday - Sunday, November 22 - 25, 2018 for the Thanksgiving holiday weekend. <Read More>
FRIENDS OF THE LIBRARY BOOK SALES
The Friends of the Glendale Public Library are not accepting donations of used materials due to a backlog of donated books. Please take your used book donations to other local nonprofits such as Goodwill or Salvation Army.
Help the Friends eliminated their backlog! Buy used books and DVDs at the Friends Loading Dock sale on Saturday, November 17, 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m., at the Back Door Bookstore behind the Downtown Central Library, 222 East Harvard Street, and outside at the Central Park Paseo next door to the Museum of Neon Art. Buy a tote bag from the Friends and fill it up with books and DVDs for only $10. The faster the Friends sell their collection, the quicker they can start accepting donations!
Library, Arts & Culture
222 East Harvard Street
Glendale, CA 91205
- InfoSpace: Loan Desk, Holds, Reference - 818-548-2021
- Children's Room - 818-548-2035
- Administration - 818-548-2030, Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Recorded Information - 818-548-2020
Telephone Renewals - 818-548-8010
Glendale History Room - 818-548-3749
Arts & Culture Commission - 818-548-2030
To ask a question or contact the Library, Arts & Culture Department by email, please select one of the following options:
Email a reference question or request materials
Email a question about your library account
Email a general comment or suggestion about Library services
Email to contact Brand Library & Art Center staff
Read More> about the Central Library Renovation.
- Suggest a Title Couldn't find what you were looking for--a title or subject or books by a certain author? Give us a little feedback and we'll see about purchasing the title for our collections. Read More>