All Library locations offer free wireless access (Wi-Fi) in public areas at all times the libraries are open.
Connecting to the City of Glendale's Wireless Network
- You must have a computer or other mobile device equipped with an 802.11b/g-compatible wireless card.
- Using your computer's network utilities, look for the wireless network named "Library Net."
- The "Library Net" wireless network does not require a password to connect. Please carefully read the City of Glendale's Wireless Service Agreement and Terms to use the wireless service.
- Laptops may be plugged into any available electrical outlet. Please ask our staff if you cannot find an electrical outlet. The Library does not have network ports available for laptops to connect to the Internet.
- The City of Glendale’s wireless network is not secure. Information sent from or to your laptop can be captured by anyone else with a wireless device and the appropriate software.
- Library staff is not able to provide technical assistance and no guarantee can be provided that you will be able to make a wireless connection.
- The Library assumes no responsibility for the safety of equipment or for laptop configurations, security, or data files resulting from connection to the City of Glendale’s network.
Protecting Privacy While Using Public Computers & Wi-Fi Tip Sheet
View or download a PDF version.
Please note: This link takes you away from the Library, Arts & Culture website.