Library patrons with a valid library card may reserve a computer to use in any Library location.
The Glendale Library, Arts & Culture offers free access to the Internet as well as a variety of desktop publishing programs & other software applications. A valid library card is required to use a computer in any Library location. Cardholders are expected to adhere to The Glendale Library, Arts & Culture’s Guidelines for Reserving a Computer at the bottom of this page.
- Users may reserve a computer at their neighborhood library using the dedicated Reservation & Print Management (RPM) Stations available at all Library locations. Reservations are only valid for the day.
- It is also possible to use a desktop computer without making an advance reservation by logging in at an available workstation. However, you may or may not be given a full-length session. Unused session time is non-transferable.
- Library Connection @ Adams Square also provide wireless laptops for public use. These laptops are intended for in-library use only and are available on a first come, first served basis.
- The standard session length for both desktop and laptop computers is 60 minutes, with 2 sessions for the day.
- 15-Minute Express PCs are available at select locations and cannot be reserved in advance. These computers are intended for users who do not want or need to wait for a full-length session. Use of a 15-Minute PC does not count as a session for the day. A 15-Minute PC is limited to one session per day.
- Select Catalog PCs do not require reservations, but may still require the use of a card to access certain resources and/or print.
- Computers become available when the Library opens, and all sessions end 5 minutes before closing time.
- The Glendale Library, Arts & Culture also offers access to laser printers for computer users. Printing from the Library’s circulating laptops is also available at Library Connection @ Adams Square.
- Only paper provided by the Library is to be used in library printers.
- Documents sent to RPM Stations will remain available for printing for up to four hours after they have been sent.
- Printing is available at a cost of .20 per black & white page. Color printing is available for $1.00 per page.
Guidelines for Reserving a Computer
- Users must conform to the policies stated here, The Glendale Library, Arts & Culture Interior Rules of Behavior and Policy on Public Use of the Internet when using Library computers.
- Glendale Library, Arts & Culture cards are non-transferable. Users must use their own library card to register for an assigned session. The use of a friend or family member's library card is not permitted and may result in the suspension of computer privileges. Your Library card entitles you to two session per day, on a first come, first served, basis.
- Headphones are required for listening to any resource with an audio component. Users may purchase headphones from The Library or use their own.
- Children and young adult users have priority at computers designated for children and young adults. At their discretion, staff may allow parents temporary access to these computers with their child.
- Internet and database users must perform their own searches, though staff may provide assistance as time allows. Limited assistance may also be provided with word processing and other desktop applications. The Library offers many classes in technology training for beginners.
- Library Catalog computers are intended for catalog searching only. With the exception to www.glendalepubliclibrary.org databases and other research resources, regular Internet access is available only through Internet-ready computers and laptops.
- All print jobs must be collected prior to the Library’s closing time. Only paper provided by the Library is to be used in Library printers.
- Users may leave an unattended computer “locked” for 10 minutes. If a user does not return within 10 minutes, the computer may be made available to another user.
- Circulating laptops are never to be left unattended.
- Two onscreen warnings with your session time remaining will appear prior to the end of your computer session. Failure to comply with these warnings will result in the loss of your work.
- A USB-ready memory device or CD-R disk is required to save your work. The Library offers USB flash drives for sale at the Circulation Desk. Please check for availability.
- At the end of each session, patrons must leave the computer promptly so it can be made available to the next user. Circulating laptops must be returned promptly to their distribution point at the end of each session in the condition they were borrowed.
- The last computer session of the day ends 5 minutes before The Library closes.
- The Glendale Library, Arts & Culture Library is not responsible for time or data lost due to computer failure.