2019 - IT'S SHOWTIME!
February 1 - 28, 2019
Children (grades 8 and under) are encouraged to design bookmarks at Glendale, Library, Arts & Culture locations; all supplies are provided. Winning entries in different age groups will become official Library bookmarks for the year. Winners will also receive copies of their own bookmarks, a goodie bag thanks to the Friends of the Glendale Public Library, a certificate and their school principals will be notified of their achievement.
For more information call Children's Services at 818-548-2035.
- Participants may ONLY use crayon, marker, or colored pencil to create their bookmark. Entries must be drawn using pre-cut library bookmarks available at all Library locations. Die-cuts, stickers, and other embellishments will not be allowed.
- One entry per person.
- Participants must be Grade 8 or younger.
- Participants must use pre-cut library bookmarks and draw in color.
- Participants shall not write their names on the front of the bookmarks.
- Participants are encouraged to illustrate the theme: It’s Showtime at Your Library!
- Entries become the property of the Glendale Library, Arts & Culture Department.
- Artwork must be original.Copyrighted characters are not allowed.
- Any entries which do not include all personal information (on the back, written by staff) will be disqualified.
Contratulations to the 2018 Reading Takes You Everywhere Bookmark Contest winners.
Pastor A., Kindergarten
Zoe G., 3rd Grade
Sophia L., 7th Grade
Jeremiah A., 2nd Grade
Sophie N., 4th Grade
Sarkis Y., 6th Grade
Contratulations to the 2017 Reading by Design Bookmark Contest winners.
Isaac Almendra - Kindergarten
Jeffrey Cuateco - 3rd Grade
Kayla Flores - 6th Grade
Sophia Lee - 6th Grade
Michael Gordon - 7th Grade
Congratulations to the 2016 Bookmark Contest winners:
Ava Eng - Kindergarten
Bailee Kim - 2nd grade Yunji Lee - 5th grade Alois Ashcraft - 7th grade
William Abraamyan - 12th grade
Contratulations to the 2015 Read to the Rhythm Bookmark Contest winners below:
Kindergarten - Nicholas Gary
2nd Grade - Chelsea Castro
6th Grade - Isabella Durand
8th Grade - Mary Sarkisyan
10th Grade - Valeria Hidalgo