Fun Fact: three of our library buildings are connected to Glendale Fire Stations** Enjoy One Book, One Glendale programs for the whole family in partnership with the Glendale Fire Department:
- Library Connection - Monday, September 23, 5 pm - Storytime and fire safety tips
- Montrose Library** - Tuesday, October 1, 3:30 - 4:30 p.m. - Library staff will lead an ice cream social with Glendale Fire Department staff on site who will meet with children, give fire/emergency prevention information and lead truck tours
- Central Library - Saturday, October 5, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. - Career seminar presented by the Glendale Verdugo Fire Academy & International Public Safety Leadership & Ethics Institute (teens & adults)
- Central Library - One Book, One Glendale - Monday, October 7, 7:00 p.m. - Join Glendale Library, Arts & Culture Director Gary Shaffer in a candid conversation with acclaimed author Susan Orlean, as they discuss her National bestseller, The Library Book (teens & adults)
- Pacific Park Library - Tuesday, October 8, 3:00-4:30 p.m. - Storytime and fire truck tour
- Central Library - Wednesday, October 9, 10:30-11:30 a.m. - Storytime and fire truck tour
- Casa Verdugo Library** - Wednesday, October 9, 5:00 p.m. - Storytime, fire safety tips and CPR training for children.
- Chevy Chase Library** - Saturday, October 12, 12:00-1:00 p.m. - Library staff will lead an ice cream social in conjunction with Fire Station 23 open house
- Grandview Library - Friday, October 18, 4:00 p.m. - Storytime, fire safety tips and fire truck tour
- Central Library - Saturday, October 19, 2:00 p.m. - Fire safety tips and CPR training for children
One Book/One Glendale reading events bring the community together to read and experience the same book.
HOMEWORK HELP NOW
- Live tutors available 7 days/wk, 1:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. Tutors have BA or BS degrees, and are subject and grade-level specialists; expert tutors that have been background checked.
- Online tutoring in English and Spanish.
- 20-minute sessions, including chemistry, calculus, physics, 4th-grade math, writing, etc.
- Tutoring, practice tests and flashcards.
- Homework Help Now is a child’s secret weapon and a parent’s best friend!
With more than 8,500 interactive books, educational games, puzzles, and other learning activities, ABCmouse.com’s award-winning online curriculum is the most comprehensive online educational resource for young learners (ages 2–8+). From Age of Learning, Inc. Free for use in our library. Read More>
Download / print our Family Events. Drop-in programs for children can be found on the online events calendar.
Download / print our Adult Events
- Contact the Downtown Central Library Children's Room - 818-548-2035
An ongoing program just for preschool children, ages 0-6, and their families to encourage daily reading time in the home. Read more>
The Librarians from the Children's Department share the best of children's books and activities at Library, Arts & Culture, Glendale, California. Readers are invited to leave comments about the reviews or contact us directly at TreeHouse@glendalepubliclibrary.org. Click on a book cover to check on its location and availability. Read More>
These lists include recommended books by grade level. Click on the desired grade to see a list. Read More>
These lists include recommended books by subject. Grade levels for titles are indicated within each subject area. Read More>