PERFORMING GROUPS ARE INVITED TO APPLY FOR TWO EXCITING PERFORMANCE SERIES.
- Applications received by Monday, March 4, 2019, will be considered for both performance series.
- Applications received after Monday, March 4, 2019, will only be considered for the 222 EAST series.
- Submissions to the 2019 Brand Library Plaza Series are due Monday, March 4, 2019.
- Performances for the Brand Library Plaza Series take place Fridays at 7:00 p.m., from June through August.
- Performances must be at least 60 minutes in duration with no breaks.
- Performance groups must be trios or larger and will receive a stipend of up to $1,500 per performance.
- Submissions to the 2019 222 EAST performance series are ongoing.
- Performances for the 222 EAST performance series are scheduled for the second Saturday of every month, 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Performance must be two sets of 45 minutes in duration each.
- Performance groups must be trios or larger and will receive a stipend of up to $1,000 per performance.
- Performers may also email submissions here.
- Please use 2019 Performance Series Application in the subject line.
- Performers may also mail submissions to:
2019 Performance Series Application
Library, Arts & Culture Department
222 East Harvard Street
Glendale CA 91205
Mailed submissions for the Brand Library Plaza Series must be received or postmarked by March 4, 2019. Please include all the information requested from the form below.
Please be aware:
- Submission of an application does not guarantee selection or a right to perform.
- Once submitted, the application and any attachments become the property of the City of Glendale.
- The City of Glendale is not responsible for:
- Lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, damaged, or misdirected applications, videos, or sound files;
- Applications, videos, or sound files not received for any reason; or
- Server unavailability; or computer or other electronic malfunction.
The Brand Library Plaza Series is a festive outdoor summer concert series. The emphasis is on musical diversity to educate, inspire and entertain the audience with a broad variety of music. The series features outstanding musicians from Southern California and beyond. Sponsorship by the Urban Art Program and the Brand Associates makes these concerts free and open to the public.
The Brand Library Plaza Series is supported by the City of Glendale and the Glendale Arts and Culture Commission, with funding from the Urban Art Program and the Brand Associates. <Read more> about past performances.
Seating is limited and first come first served, no reserved seating. The Plaza seats 75 - 90 people for a performance; visitors are welcome to bring a chair or blanket and sit on the grassy hillsides in Brand Park. Performances run between 60 and 90 minutes without intermission. The Performance Series began in 2014 to celebrate the renovation and reopening of the historic Brand Library & Art Center.
The 222 EAST performance series is a festive outdoor concert series at the Central Park Paseo located next to Glendale's Downtown Central Library. The Paseo has limited seating and is situated close to Brand Boulevard next to the Museum of Neon Art at the southern end of Glendale's Downtown Arts District. Shoppers and visitors to the library make up the majority of the audience; performances may be experienced by children and families. The 222 EAST performance series began in 2017 to celebrate the renovation and reopening of Glendale's Downtown Central Library. The series is supported by the City of Glendale and the Glendale Arts and Culture Commission, with funding from the Urban Art Program.
Join our email list to be notified of new performance opportunities in Glendale and beyond.