PERFORMING GROUPS ARE INVITED TO APPLY FOR AN EXCITING PERFORMANCE SERIES.
- Applications received by Tuesday, September 3, 2019, will be considered for the performance series.
- Submissions to the 2020 Brand Associates Dance Series
- Performances for the Brand Associates Dance Series take place Saturdays at 6:00pm, during the month of May.
- Performances must be at least 60 minutes in duration with no breaks.
- Performances must be family friendly.
- Performance groups must be a nonprofit that has 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status.
- Performance groups must have an established history as a professional company for 5 years.
- Performance groups may not have participated in the Brand Associates Dance series for the past 3 years.
- Performance groups will receive a stipend of at least $2,000 per performance.
- Performers may also email submissions here.
- Please use 2020 Dance Series Application in the subject line.
- Performers may also mail submissions to:
Brand Library & Art Center
Attn: 2020 Dance Series Application
1601 West Mountain Street
Glendale CA 91201
Mailed submissions for the Brand Library Dance Series must be received or postmarked by September 3, 2019. Please include all the information requested from the form below.
Please be aware:
- Submission of an application does not guarantee selection or a right to perform.
- Once submitted, the application and any attachments become the property of the City of Glendale.
- The City of Glendale is not responsible for:
- Lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, damaged, or misdirected applications, videos, or sound files;
- Applications, videos, or sound files not received for any reason; or
- Server unavailability; or computer or other electronic malfunction.
The Brand Associates Dance Series presents top dance companies from Southern California performing site-specific work in non-traditional performance spaces around Brand Library. The Dance Series is sponsored by the Brand Associates. The performances are followed by a reception and an opportunity to meet the artists. Performances run between 60 - 90 minutes without intermission. This series began in the 1960's as part of the Brand Library and Art Center's mission to promote all aspects of Art.
Artists interested in creating work specific to the space are encouraged to apply. Artists are encouraged to visit the location.
The Dance Series is curated by Jamie Nichols, critically acclaimed for the emotional intensity and eloquence of her dancing and choreography as Artistic Director of the contemporary dance company, Fast Feet (1980-2003). She is recipient of 6 Lester Horton Dance Awards and was honored by the Dance Resource Center of LA with the prestigious Furthering the Visibility of Dance Award. As Executive Producer of Celebrate Dance for 10 years she presented 70 dance companies at the Alex Theatre. Ms. Nichols has served on boards; committees, mentored dance companies, and produced a variety of dance events. She teaches movement for actors and contemporary dance in Los Angeles. www.celebratedance.org
Seating is limited and first come first served, no reserved seating. The Plaza seats 75-90 people for a performance; visitors are welcome to bring a chair or blanket and sit on the grassy hillsides in Brand Park.
Join our email list to be notified of new performance opportunities in Glendale and beyond.