SPECIAL NOTICE: ALL GLENDALE LIBRARIES ARE CURRENTLY CLOSED
In response to the COVID-19 outbreak, the Glendale Library, Arts & Culture Department, under the direction of the City of Glendale, is currently closed. Call 818-548-2021 to leave a message, or click here to send staff an email. Online resources and Live Chat services are available 24/7 through the website, www.GlendaleLAC.org. Click here for more information.
Glendale Library, Arts & Culture provides the community with the opportunity to seek and share ideas and information that will enrich lives, foster literacy, inspire intellectual curiosity and stimulate the imagination. Facilities include the Central Library, six neighborhood libraries, community meeting rooms, as well as the Brand Library & Art Center with its focus on visual arts and music. Collections include over 500,000 books, DVDs, and CDs, digital resources including eBooks and audiobooks, as well as magazine, newspaper, streaming music and movie apps. ReflectSpace Gallery at Central Library with its social justice focus takes an in-depth look at the hardships faced by various groups that make up Glendale’s communal fabric. Instructor-led workshops and an array of high tech arts and music tools can be found at the Central Library MakerSpace and SoundSpace.
Welcome to Glendale Library, Arts & Culture! Please take some time to explore the website and I hope you will visit us and enjoy the Services and Events our Libraries have to offer. Attend a children’s program, an author event, a free concert, or an art exhibition.
- Sign up below to receive our events and announcements via email, and take a look at what we offer for Teens and Children!
- Ask our staff to show you how to download an eBook or magazine, or stream music or video.
- Brand Library & Art Center focuses on visual arts and music and provides free services and programs for a diverse community, including a collection of over 110,000 items, subject specialist librarians, exhibitions, concerts, lectures, dance performances, films, and hands-on craft programs for children and adults
- ReflectSpace gallery at the Central Library is designed to explore and reflect on major human atrocities, genocides and civil rights violations.
- The library has a wonderful local history collection that highlights many historical photographs that have been digitized and available online along with other bits of Glendale history.
- The MakerSpace at Central Library offers an array of instructor-led workshops, self-led making, and drop-in services throughout the year.
- And remember our online services are open 24/7.
- Use @MyGlendaleLAC to STAY CONNECTED with us on social media: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest.
- Finally, please visit the Support Your Library page to learn more about how you can be part of the library's future!