Glendale Filming & Special Events Office
633 E. Broadway, Suite 201
Glendale, CA 91206
Table of Contents:
- GLENDALE FILM LOCATION ALBUM
- APPLYING FOR A FILMING PERMIT
- FILMING CALENDAR
The City of Glendale Film Office coordinates all on-locations production companies wishing to film motion pictures, television productions, commercials, college -students and non profit organizations within the City limits. A film permit is required for all filming on public or private property.
Before filming in Glendale, individuals must apply for a filming permit with the Management Services Office. Please contact Judy Herwig at 818-550-4376 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for information or to submit a filming application. Also required is detailed information regarding the proposed filming. It is recommended that permit applications be submitted at least three business days prior to the filming. The Film Office is open Monday-Thursday from 7:30 am to 5:30 pm and Fridays 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, and closed on weekends and holidays.
When applying for a filming permit, a plot plan (Google Maps or diagram of choice) of the area where the filming will take place must accompany the application. The plan must be on 8 ½” by 11” paper and shall show the location of all roadways, requested “no parking,” bus zones, structures and access points in the area of filming and how equipment location, vehicles and filming activities will relate to the area.
If you have questions regarding filming and unable to reach Judy Herwig, please contact Sherri Servillo at Glendale Police Department at 818-548-6452.
If the filming permit requires use of Glendale City parks or facilities, an additional application must be filed with the Community Services and Parks Department. Please contact Aylin Isayan at 818-548-3813, or email at email@example.com for information and park availability.
A $342.00 application fee is required. If the applicant is a charitable non-profit organization, a low budget (Glendale business or resident requirement, and must meet criteria), or a student working on a class project, the fee is reduced to $159. If City property will be used, an additional fee of $424.00 per day is charged. In addition, if any changes are made to the application during processing, the application must complete an Application Revision Form and pay a $106.00 application revision fee. Please see itemized list for fees.
The Glendale Fire and Police departments will both review the application and determine if Fire and/or Police personnel should be assigned on-site for safety purposes. Review fees will be charged by both Fire and Police departments. If it is determined that public safety services are necessary, the applicant must pay an hourly fee for the personnel. If any other City personnel is required, or requested, respective hourly fees will be charged. There is a minimum of four (4) hours for each City employee assigned. If cancelled less than 24 hours, the minimum of four (4) hours also apply. The Fire department may determine that no standby Fire personnel are required, but that an inspection will be sufficient.
- General Liability (MUST name City of Glendale as Additional Insured on Endorsement)
- An Additional Insured Endorsement is required naming the City of Glendale as an additional insured “The City of Glendale, and its officers, agents, employees, and representatives are included as additional insureds under the policy(s).” This insurance is primary to the coverage of the City of Glendale. The insurance company will not cancel, terminate, or reduce the insurance afforded under the policy unless 30 days notice of such cancellation, termination, or reduction has been mailed to the City of Glendale.
- The endorsement must have the policy number printed on it even if there isn’t a designated space for it.
- Please note that the City’s Special Endorsement (L-15) is no longer acceptable.
- See below for samples of acceptable endorsements.
- Please be advised that additional insurance may be required based on the description of the event.
- The Certificate Holder should appear as follows:
If you have any questions, please contact Judy Herwig at 818-550-4376 or by email at jherwig@Glendaleca.gov.
The Filming Permit Neighbor Verification Form must be signed by all residents and businesses within 300 feet of the proposed filming site, and all residents and businesses whose property is in fronted by the requested parking. Residents will be asked to indicate on the form whether or not they object to the filming. This information will be used by the City in evaluating the potential inconvenience to the neighborhood when reviewing the application. The applicant will also be required to complete a Filming Permit Neighbor Notification Form and provide a copy to each applicable resident. This form provides information on who should be contacted if any problems arise associated with the filming.