The San Fernando Road Corridor Redevelopment Project Area includes approximately 750 acres of land. Generally, the Project Area extends along the entire length of the San Fernando Road corridor within the City and includes areas west to the Golden State Freeway (I-5) in the northern half and to the Southern Pacific Railroad right-of-way in the southern half. The Project Area spans up to one-half mile east along major streets such as Broadway and Colorado Street.
The San Fernando Road Corridor Redevelopment Project Area is scheduled to sunset in 2034. The Project Area is still active despite the dissolution of the Redevelopment Agency by the passage of AB x 1 26, the Dissolution Act. The Dissolution Act changed the procedures for administering existing redevelopment projects within the Project Area, and disallows the Successor Agency (former Redevelopment Agency) to enter into new agreements or contracts.
San Fernando Rd. Corridor Project Area:
For more information on the wind down activities of the Glendale Successor Agency, please click here.
Completed Commercial/Office/Retail Projects
- DreamWorks Animation Studio
- ABC7 Studios
- Grand Central Creative Campus
- Glendale Memorial - Master Plan Expansion
- San Fernando Facade Improvement Program
Completed Public Improvement Projects
- San Fernando Road Landscape
- Freeway Interchanges at the State Highway 134 / Interstate Highway 5
- Larry Zarian Transportation Center
- SCRRA/Metrolink Railroad Grade Crossing Changes