The Glendale Fire Department is always looking for highly motivated and qualified team players. We welcome your interest in obtaining a sworn or civilian position. The City of Glendale Human Resources link below will display any current openings.City of Glendale Job Openings
GFD Career Opportunities
- Firefighter Recruit (Full-time): A non-sworn trainee position that receives basic instruction in the areas of firefighter work in the protection of life and property. To learn more about this position, review the Job Description and Firefighter Candidate Seminar.
- Ambulance Operator: Under general supervision, this temporary, unclassified, part-time position provides basic medical care and transport of the ill and injured as an Emergency Medical Technician-1 (EMT-1). To learn more about this position, review the Job Description and Click here for additional details.
- Fire Cadet: Under general supervision, this temporary, unclassified, part-time position performs a variety of non-hazardous support functions for the Fire Department while attending school. To learn more about this position, review the Job Description and Click Here for additional details.
- Fire Explorer: A fire explorer is an opportunity to learn about the fire service while completing hands-on training as it relates to the fundamentals of firefighting. To learn more about this position, please review Fire Explorer Recruitment Presentation for additional details.
- Non-sworn personnel provide support in the Fire Administration, Fire Prevention, Emergency Medical Services, Training, and Verdugo Fire Communications (dispatch) sections of the department. City of Glendale Job Openings
If you are interested in applying for positions with the Glendale Fire Department, click on the individual position job descriptions above and request to be notified when the position is hiring.