Battalion Chief Tom Propst
541 W. Chevy Chase Dr.|
Glendale, CA 91204
INTERESTED IN FIRE FIGHTING AS A CAREER?
The Glendale Fire Department is providing a Cadet Program that can give you some of the valuable training that will assist you in reaching your goal!
- Age 19 or older
- Completion of EMT-1 course within the first year of employment
- High School graduation or GED
- Concurrent college attendance
- Valid Class C driver's license
- Ability to complete one 24-hour ride-along per month
- Ability to attend the bi-monthly Fire Cadet meetings
- Ability to commit to a minimum of 20 hours per month
- Written test
- Polygraph test
- Medical exam
- Chief’s oral interview
- Physical agility test
- Oral interview similar to that of a Firefighter
- Successful completion of background investigation
- Individual must be a viable candidate for regular employment
- Application available from the Human Resources link below
For More Information Download Fire Cadet Flyer.
For questions that are not on the Cadet page you can contact us at (818) 548-4050