Glendale Fire Training Center
541 W. Chevy Chase Dr.
Glendale, CA 91204
(818) 548 - 4814
The objectives of the Training & Safety section are to:
- Evaluate the training level of individual employees and employee teams.
- Research, recommend and provide training in new concepts.
- Plan and coordinate training with the other Area "C" cities.
- Plan, provide and supervise department recruit academies, sometimes jointly in collaboration with other fire departments.
- Coordinate training activities with city, county and state agencies and ensure compliance with relevant standards and legal requirements.
- Develop, recommend and implement safe practices in relation to operations of the department.
- Investigate and report on incidents and accidents that resulted in injury or significant property damage involving department personnel or property.
- Conduct, in conjunction with City Human Resources, promotional examinations for sworn personnel positions.
- Maintain detailed, current records of all training conducted by the department or received elsewhere for all department personnel.
PREPARING TO BECOME A FIREFIGHTER
RECOMMENDED LINKS FOR TRAINING PURPOSES
California Department of Forestry
California State Fire Marshal Office
Federal Emergency Management Agency
Verdugo Fire Academy
Glendale Community College
Rio Hondo Community College
Mt. San Antonio College