The Glendale Fire Department was designated in 1997 by the State of California to be the Certified Unified Program Agency (CUPA) for the City of Glendale. We have the responsibility to administer and enforce all six Program Elements of the Unified Program.
The program elements that are consolidated under the Unified Program are:
- Hazardous Materials Business Plan
- Hazardous Materials Management Plan
- Hazardous Waste Generation and On-site Treatment
- Hazardous Waste Treatment Tiered Permit
- Hazardous Waste Generator Permit
- Underground Storage Tank Program (UST)
- Above Ground Storage Tanks - Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasure Plan (SPCC)
- Accidental Release and Prevention Program
REPORTING HAZARDOUS CONDITIONS
- For life-threatening emergencies, call 9-1-1 without delay.
- For cases that are not life-threatening, and are related to Vegetation Management (for example, excessive hillside brush), call the Fire Prevention Bureau at (818) 548-3814 and report your complaint. The department will get your message and the appropriate personnel or fire company will be directed to investigate.
- If you would like to report a non-emergency hazard, please call 818-548-4810.
IF YOU HAVE ANY DOUBT ABOUT THE APPROPRIATE ACTION, CALL 9-1-1