Frequently Asked Questions

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option
  1. Question: Who can I talk to about billing?

    For any billing related questions or concerns, please call 1-800-906-6552.

  2. Question: How can I get a medical report?

    If you are submitting the request for medical records on behalf of someone else (from an attorney’s office, etc.), you must submit a signed form from the patient indicating authorization to release the medical records. A $24.00 check made payable to City of Glendale must accompany the request. If you are requesting the records for yourself, you must submit in writing your name, date of birth, and the date and address where the medical response occurred by completing the following form Click here to download the form. If you are submitting a subpoena, please be sure to include a $24.00 check along with the date the incident occurred.

  3. Question: What if I can't pay my paramedic bill?

    If you are unable to pay your paramedic bill in full, you may be able to make arrangements to be placed on a payment plan, pending authorization. Please contact 1-800-906-6552 to inquire about payment plans.

  4. Question: How are the billing rates for paramedic services determined?

    Click here for the current Los Angeles County rates.

*Effective Feb. 1, 2017, there will be a non-refundable Service Fee of 2.5% assessed for the credit/debit card payments

For specific site location/placement – please contact EMS at (818) 548-6471


For specific site location/placement – please contact EMS.

  1. Question: What’s the difference between an ALS and BLS unit?

    ALS stands for Advanced Life Support, which is provided to patients who need paramedic services for serious emergency situations. BLS stands for Basic Life Support, the type of medical response for less serious emergency situations. This includes transfer of stable patients to the hospital.