To provide for the timely and accurate expenditure of the City of Glendale funds and recording of those expenditures in a manner consistent with City of Glendale guidelines and other regulations.
The Section is responsible for processing the City’s accounts payable and issuing checks to vendors; filing annual reports required by regulatory agencies; reviewing internal controls and adhering to established payable procedures and administering City's Escheatment or Unclaimed Check procedures.
- Processing payments to vendors
- Printing and distributing checks
- Monitoring vendor statements and investigating billing or payment errors
- Researching returned checks
- Processing credit invoices
- Maintaining permanent records of backup documents for payments
- Providing Accounts Payable procedures training
- Providing assistance and direction to Divisions in setting disputes with vendors
- Providing follow-up services on outstanding payments and resolving problems which may arise
- Verifying that adequate backup documentation exists prior to authorizing the release of checks to vendors.
Unclaimed checks are payments issued by the City, which are not cashed within six (6) months after the date of issue. The Finance Department of the City of Glendale holds these payments until they are claimed by the recipients of the funds. The City may, pursuant to State of California Government Code Section 50050-50056, publish a public notice listing these unclaimed amounts, which are three (3) or more years past their issue date and thereafter, transfer such funds to its General Fund.
141 N. Glendale Ave., Room 346
Glendale, CA 91206
Telephone: (818) 548-3907
Fax: (818) 956-3286
Office Hours: Monday - Thursday 7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m., Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.