The Verdugo Jobs Center hosts a team of professional Business Resource Specialists who can help your business find skilled workers, stay competitive, and make informed decisions. We offer a full array of job placement services, up-to-date information on the labor market and emerging occupations, tax and hiring incentives and more.
The team is trained to provide special assistance to small to medium-sized businesses to reach their growth potential through grant allocation by local, state and federal governments. One of the significant funding awarded by the State of California is the Layoff Aversion Grant. Since 2004, this annual funding is utilized to assist businesses with numerous resources to avoid layoffs, prevent relocation or closures. The outreach to targeted businesses is conducted by phone calls, site visits as well as through networking with various partners.
These activities provided by our One-Stop offer a variety of benefits to you as Employers
- Influence over local area employment policy
- Improved and trained employee pool
- Development of on-the-job and customized training opportunities
- No cost access to business consultants
Find out more about the minimum wage increase in the State of California
- Minimum Wage Increase in the City of LA
- LA county minimum wage also includes unincorporated parts of LA