Click here to register for information session.
Save the Date for the 4th Annual Tech Job Fair.
Wednesday, September 18, 2019
9 am - 11 am
Glendale Central Library
222 E Harvard Street, Glendale
Job Title: Maintenance Technician
RSVP using the Library, Arts & Culture Eventbrite website to reserve your seat. (Search Career Pathway). https://www.eventbrite.com/o/library-arts-amp-culture-12775516970
The RIISE Project will target individuals that are homeless and are either Foster Youth, Victims of Domestic Violence, have disabilities, or are receiving Government Assistance. VJC will provide counseling, career guidance, work readiness workshops more.
Training and job placement opportunities available for individuals with disabilities. For information contact Tina Hartyon 818-937-8080
The 3rd Annual Tech Job Fair was a huge success. In excess of 300 job seekers participated with more than 20 employers with over 100 jobs available.
Verdugo Jobs Center
1255 South Central Avenue
Glendale, CA 91204
Phone - 818.409.0476
Fax - 818.409.0496
Open Monday through Friday; 8:00 A.M. until 5:00 P.M.
Job Seekers Services
Click https://www.onetonline.org/ to get detailed information on your desired occupation. This site will navigate you through all the important workforce and labor market information on various industries in our region and nationwide. It will also provide important information on the type of education and skills you will need to reach your desired occupation. You can also request to meet with a case manager to discuss your findings.
Unemployment Insurance BenefitsAt the Verdugo Jobs Center, we have qualified staff who are available to assist you in a one-on-one processing of your application for Unemployment Insurance Benefits.
- Two telephones in the VJC Reception Area are directly connected with the UI claims center.
- Brochures are available which highlight claim-filing procedures.
- Partners provide customers with the 800 number to call to file a claim or ask questions.
Veterans ServicesAdditional information is available at the following Internet sites
- California Department of Veterans Affairs
- Department of Veterans Affairs
- Veterans of Foreign Wars
- Veterans Employment and Training Services
- Disabled American Veterans
The following are partners of the VJC AJCC. You may contact the VJC for information regarding any programs being offered through our partners.
- Burbank Adult School
- Burbank Workforce Connection
- Community Enhancement Services
- Department of Public Social Services
- Department of Rehabilitation
- Employment Development Department
- Friends Outside
- Glendale Community College
- Glendale Youth Alliance
- Los Angeles County, Workforce Development, Aging and Community Services
- Pasadena YouthBuild
- Southern California Indian Center
This Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act financially assisted program or activity is an equal opportunity employer/program.
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. Please allow up to 72 hours for reasonable accommodations. TTY (818) 548-3857