Teen Photo Contest
Teen Photo Contest is a photo contest for teens ages 13 - 18 years old. Teens may compete in two categories. There will be a total of 10 winners.
The entries that receive the most Instagram likes in each category will be considered the winners of that category. The final submission date is Friday, July 19, 2019. CLICK HERE to download a flyer with the categories.
During National Night Out on Tuesday, August 6, 2019, at Pacific Community Center, the contest winners will be announced. On Saturday, August 10 or 17, 2019, the photo contest winners will be treated to a trip to Speedzone. Date, time, duration and all other specific information will be announced to the winners after the announcement of the winners during National Night Out.
|Photo Contest Time Line|
|Friday,May 24, 2019||First day to submit photos|
| Friday, July 19, 2019
||Final submission date|
|Wednesday, July 31, 2019||Winners will be contacted to attend National Night Out|
|Tuesday, Aug. 6, 2019||Winners will be announced during National Night Out at Pacific Community Center|
|Saturday, Aug. 10 or 17, 2019||Speedzone|
Photo Contest Submission Categories
Teens must submit a photo they took in Glendale, CA by tagging the location on their Instagram account and tagging @MyGlendaleTeens. Limited to 2 submissions per teen. Teen's Instagram account must be public.
How to Submit
Post your photo entry via Instagram
Direct Message @MyGlendaleTeens the following information along with your Instagram Handle:
- First and last name of contestant
- Contact phone number
- Date of birth and current age
- Email address
- Date and location where photo was taken
By submitting entries, the contestant acknowledges and agrees to the terms of the contest ENTRY AGREEMENT (read terms below).
DON'T HAVE INSTAGRAM???
Submit your Photos by Email
Entering is easy and free! Limit: 1 photo entry per email, no more than 2 entries per contestant. Send only ONE image file per email AS AN ATTACHMENT (do not embed image files in the message area) and send to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line #teen photo contest entry#.
Eligible images from a digital camera or smart phone set at no less than 3 mega pixels high resolution must be in either .JPG or .PNG digital format at a file size of between 3 megabytes (minimum) and 5 megabytes (maximum). Be sure to set your camera or smart phone settings at the highest possible resolution for best results. Be sure your email program is not set to reduce your attachments to a low resolution format.
LEGAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By entering this contest, the contestant agrees to all of the terms and conditions relating to this contest (read terms below).
In submitting a photo or photos (“PHOTO”) to the City of Glendale (“CITY”) and participating in the City of Glendale Teen Night Out Photo Contest (“CITY’s CONTEST”), CONTESTANT hereby:
(1) States that the following statements are accurate, correct, and true:
- The PHOTO is the result of CONTESTANT'S sole artistic efforts, unless otherwise listed as a collaboration with other individuals.
- Except as otherwise disclosed in writing to CITY, the PHOTO is unique and original, and the PHOTO does not infringe upon or violate any intellectual property rights of any third party, including, but not limited to, copyrights or trademarks owned by others.
- CONTESTANT has lawful ownership rights to the PHOTO, and the PHOTO is free and clear of any lien.
- The PHOTO does not violate any privacy right of any other person. (If CONTESTANT chooses to include one or more persons in the PHOTO, CONTESTANT is responsible for obtaining the necessary written permissions and releases from the individuals depicted or, in the case of a minor, from the minor’s parent or guardian, and must be able to provide copies of those releases to CITY upon request).
- CONTESTANT knows about and understands CONTESTANT’s rights under the Visual Artists Rights Act of 1990 (17 U.S.C. Sections 106A and 113(d)), the California Art Preservation Act (California Civil Code Sections 987 and 989) (collectively, “Acts”) and any other local, state, foreign or international law (collectively, “Moral Rights Laws”) that protect against the alteration of a work of visual art, including photos (“artist’s right of integrity”) and protect the artist’s/photographer’s getting credit for a work of visual art (“artist’s right to attribution”). CONTESTANT hereby waives (“gives up”) all rights and benefits that CONTESTANT has, or may have, under the Acts’ and Moral Rights Laws’ provisions.
(2) Agrees to the following terms:
- CITY may alter images of the PHOTO as necessary to fit into reduced or enlarged format sizes.
- CITY will strive to include CONTESTANT’s name on the document where the PHOTO is used.
- Once submitted, the PHOTO becomes the property of the CITY.
- Except for title and possession, under the Copyright Act of 1976 (17 U.S.C. §101 et seq.), CONTESTANT will retain the copyright and all other rights in and to the PHOTO. CONTESTANT grants to CITY― without charge to CITY and without payment to CONTESTANT of any compensation, fee, royalty, or damages (now or later)― an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive worldwide license:
- To use, reproduce, copy, sell, exhibit, display, publish, distribute, in whole or in part, two- or three-dimensional reproductions of the PHOTO, or to create derivative works of the PHOTO, in any manner whatsoever, in any medium now or later developed, including, without limitation: print ads, postcards, posters, brochures, applications, television programs, press releases, CITY’s web sites, social media, and CITY’s government access television channel.
- For informational, educational, promotional, public relations, advertising, tourism, art, commercial, or non-commercial purposes.
- CITY may use the PHOTO on CITY merchandise and commercial items, such as a calendar that CITY may sell for fundraising purposes.
- HOLD HARMLESS: CONTESTANT indemnifies, defends, and holds harmless CITY, its officers, agents, employees, and representatives (“CITY and its representatives”) from and against all liability, claims, lawsuits, causes of action, proceedings, losses, damages, costs, fees, and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and court costs) arising out of any one or more of the following:
- CONTESTANT’s taking the PHOTO, CONTESTANT’s participating in CITY’s CONTEST, or CONTESTANT’s accepting and using the Contest prize;
- The PHOTO’s infringing or violating an intellectual property right of any third party (including copyright or patent), or ;
- The PHOTO’s defaming, or invading the privacy right of, any third party; or
- CITY’s using, reproducing, copying, selling, exhibiting, displaying, publishing, or distributing the PHOTO.
- RELEASE OF CLAIMS: For any bodily injury, personal injury (i.e., libel, slander, defamation of character), or property damage that CONTESTANT sustains, however caused, arising out of CONTESTANT’s taking the PHOTO, CONTESTANT’s participating in CITY’s CONTEST, or CONTESTANT’s accepting and using the Contest prize, CONTESTANT:
- Releases, discharges, and holds harmless CITY and its representatives;
- Will not make a claim against or sue CITY and its representatives; and
- Waives a right of recovery against City and its representatives.