1601 Canada Blvd.
Glendale, CA 91208
The City of Glendale and Glendale Unified School District entered an agreement in 2013 where GUSD is responsible for the maintenance and operations of the facility.
- The field is natural Bermuda grass, and is lighted for night-time play.
- The field has playing dimensions of 350 feet down the lines and 400 feet to the straightaway center.
- The field is used as many as 300 days out of the year for Glendale Community College games, high school graduations and television and movie filmings.
Stengel Field History
- The field opened in 1949 and was originally named the Verdugo Park Municipal Baseball Field.
- On November 12, 1952, the field was renamed "Stengel Field" to honor baseball immortal and Glendale resident, Casey Stengel.
|Casey Stengel with Kids