Address: 201 East Colorado, Glendale, CA 91205 MAP
Phone Number: 818-548-3775
Fax Number: 818-507-8891
Facility Hours of Operation
|Sunday||9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. Senior Café Only|
|Monday||8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.|
|Tuesday||8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.|
|Wednesday||8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.|
|Thursday||8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.|
|Friday|| 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
|Saturday||8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Exercise Room Hours
||8:00 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.|
|Tuesday||8:00 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.
|Wednesday||8:00 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.
|Thursday||8:00 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.
|Friday||8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Saturday||8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
- The Adult Recreation Center has been in operation since 1960.
- The ARC provides senior programs and services that include health screenings and wellness programs, housing and legal assistance, life-long learning classes, travel and volunteer opportunities, recreational activities, and special events with an emphasis on diversity.
- A Case Manager is available Monday through Friday by appointment only, to assist seniors with issues that influence their quality of life, and ability to maintain an independent life-style.
- We also invite seniors to make new friends while enjoying a delicious meal. The center serves 40,000 meals annually at three Community Centers, and delivers more than 11,000 meals to home bound seniors.
- The Adult Recreation Center can accommodate events of up to 240 people, and is available for all special occasions including parties, meetings, classes, and lectures. In addition, we offer a full- service kitchen, and a variety of amenities to meet your special needs.
- The Adult Recreation Center completed construction in July of 2010. The state of the art facility serves as the central home to the Community Services & Parks Department’s senior services section.
- Multi-Use rooms that provide space for meetings, lectures, classes, luncheons, parties, weddings and other special events.
- Upper Courtyard with seating and fireplace.
- Lower Courtyard enclosed for security, with 14 tables, chairs, umbrellas and benches.
- An exercise room equipped with state of the art weight machines, two treadmills, two elliptical machines, and two seated bicycles that have a USB connector, iPod audio and video playback, and cable television.
- The lounge with DVD and 42 inch flat panel TV.
- The billiards room featuring 4 regulation size tables, a dart board, and a shuffle board.
- Three table tennis tables.
- A pickle ball court.
- Passive green space with walking paths with tables and chairs.
Facility Use Requirements
- An Activity Card enables an individual to participate in drop-in activities, such as: open play cards, backgammon and billiards, Tai Chi, Senior Mixer, and other activities and events throughout the year.
- Activity Card holders also participate in the Exercise Classes are offered, at a reduced rate.
- Activity Cards are free for youth.
- Adults 18 years of age and older are required to pay a fee of $25.00 per year.
- Seniors 60 Plus pay a fee of $10.00 per year.
Exercise Room Membership
- Senior Activity Card Holders - $50.00 per year.
- Adult Activity Card holders - $80.00 per year.