How it works:
The Cooling Fan Assistance Program is administered by the City of Glendale’s Community Services & Parks (CSP) department to help low-income seniors in Glendale keep cool when the temperatures rise. The program provides one free fan to elderly residents 60 years of age or older who live in the City of Glendale and meet other eligibility requirements.
The program enables seniors to remain comfortable while observing the “Safer At Home” Order to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Program began on May 4, 2020.
- Applicants must be 60 years of age or older.
- Service Areas: Glendale, Montrose, Verdugo City, and La Crescenta
- Meet low income guidelines (See Application)
- Have an urgent need for cooling assistance – no existing central air, fan or wall unit.
- Government issued photo I.D. to verify age and identity
- Income documentation to verify income eligibility (See Application)
How to apply:
- Online: Fill out and submit the application HERE.
- Phone: Call (818) 548-3775 to begin the application process - a case manager will help you fill out the form and verify eligibility.
- Mail: Adult Recreation Center C/O Cooling Fan Assistance Program, 201 Colorado St, Glendale, CA 91205 (Download Application)
Supplies are LIMITED and will be distributed to eligible applicants on a first-come, first-served basis. We urge you to fill out the application online, if possible.
The fans will be delivered to the household to ensure applicants continue
to observe the “Safer At Home” Order.