Neighborhood Services is requesting your assistance in keeping the alley adjacent to your property clean, neat and accessible. It is the responsibility of property owners to maintain alleys that adjoin their properties. Listed below are the requirements of the Glendale Municipal Code for those properties that adjoin alleys:
- Ivy must be trimmed and maintained tight to the fence or wall as not to project over the property line;
- Shrubs may project a maximum of one (1') foot over a fence or wall;
- The alley adjoining your property shall be maintained free of junk and debris at all times;
- Trees that overhang the alley or easement shall be maintained with a minimum fourteen (14') foot vertical clearance;
- All fences and walls shall be maintained free of graffiti; and
- All fences, walls and structures shall be maintained in good repair.