Who needs a Dog License?

dog licenseAny person owning or housing a dog in the City Of Glendale is required to obtain a dog license; this license must be renewed every year or a three (3) year license may be obtained as well.

Note: The maximum number of dogs over four (4) months of age which can be kept at a single location in Glendale is four (4).

Who needs a Cat License?

cat licenseCurrently, cat licenses are not required in the City of Glendale. However, licensing your cat has many benefits such as helping get a lost cat back to their owner.

 Note: The maximum number of cats over four (4) months of age which can be kept at a single location in Glendale is six (6).

Who needs a Kennel Permit?

If you house three to a maximum of four dogs, and/or four to a maximum of six cats, over the age of four months, in one location in the City of Glendale, a non-commercial kennel permit is required; this permit must be renewed every year.

How do I get a Dog/Cat License or Kennel Permit?

To apply for a license or permit, you must complete and submit an application with the Community Development Department either in person or by mail.

Is there a fee for a Dog/Cat License or Kennel Permit?

Yes, there is a small fee to cover the cost of processing your license or permit. For your convenience, dog license may be obtained for either a one (1) year or three (3) year period and would be renewable upon its expiration.

The licensing fees are as follows: 

Unaltered Male or Female $46 $63
Spayed or Neutered (with proof) $31 $51
Late Renewal Penalty $30 $30
Low Income Seniors (if applicable)*
          Altered $15 $25
          Unaltered $23 $31
Cats (Optional)

License Fee $10 N/A
Kennel (3 or 4 dogs)

Initial $243 $278
Renewal $136 $171

 *For qualifying low income seniors. Please contact Licensing at (818) 937-8300 for eligibility information.

What applications materials do I need to submit for a Dog/Cat License or Kennel Permit?

Each applicant must submit a completed Dog & Cat Licensing and Kennel Application, In addition, you must submit proof of a current rabies vaccination from your veterinarian with your initial license or permit application as well as with every renewal. Also, if your pet is spayed or neutered and you would like to pay the reduced altered animal fee, you must submit a certificate from your veterinarian to verify this.

If you would like to send a payment by mail, please make your check or money order payable to the "City of Glendale." You may mail your payment with accompanying documents to:

City of Glendale, Community Development Department
Attn: Licensing
633 E. Broadway Ave, Suite 101
Glendale, CA. 91206

You may also reach us by phone at (818) 937-8300 between the hours of 7am and 5pm daily. Our office is open for walk in customers between the hours of 7am and 12pm daily.