Construction and Demolition (C&D) debris constitutes approximately 40% of waste generated. In response to State-mandated waste reduction goals and as a part of the City’s efforts to increase diversion, the City adopted the Construction and Demolition Ordinance.
The C&D Ordinance Applies to the Following Projects:
- A newly constructed building;
- A residential addition, renovation and/or alteration that increases the building's conditioned area, volume or size;
- A non-residential addition, renovation, and/or alteration of an existing non-residential building (regardless of the proposed construction value) and/or;
- City sponsored construction, demolition, or renovation project of 5,000 square feet or greater
- Pay the Construction Waste Management Plan Administrative Processing Fee - $50.per application
- Before the construction and/or demolition work, submit a Waste Reduction and Recycling Plan with project plans to the Building and Safety Division for Approval.
- Submit the “Diversion Security Deposit” (maximum $30,000). You may pay by check, credit card, cash or bond.
- Demolition: 6% of project valuation
- Construction or Addition (Single Family): 2% of project valuation
3. At project completion: submit a Waste Reduction and Recycling Plan Compliance Report with ORIGINAL facility tags within 6 months of certificate of occupancy.
4. Allow 4-6 weeks for refund processing.
To obtain a Security Deposit Refund
- Divert 65% of the project's estimated debris
- Debris must be taken to a certified mixed debris recycling facility or a certified recycler
- Submit original facility tags (with project address) documenting diversion activities
- Deposit waived for projects with deposit of $200 or less
- Non-residential additions of 1,000 ft2 or more and building alterations with a permit valuation of $200,000 or more must recycle universal waste. Universal waste is batteries, cathode, ray tubes, electronic devices, mercury containing equipment, and lamps.
- The applicant must reuse or recycle 100% of all trees, stumps, rocks, assorted vegetation from land clearing. Original facility receipt documenting the reuse or recycling of material is required.
I need the highlighted blue area to read “For more information call the Building and Safety Division at (818) 937-8121