Below you will find links to information on Equal Opportunity & Fair Housing.
- Fair Housing Overview
- Federal Fair Housing Laws
- Federal Discrimination Complaint Information
- California Fair Employment & Housing Laws
- California Housing Discrimination Forms
- Housing Rights Center
- Differences Between Federal & State Fair Housing Laws
- Guide to California Landlord & Tenant Laws and Responsibilities
- Section 504
Call 818.548.3936 for more information.
It is the Department of Community Development's mission to promote nondiscrimination and ensure fair and equal housing opportunities for all; and to provide services and activities in a nondiscriminatory manner to affirmatively further fair housing.
Every person has the right to fair housing. This means that people have the right to own or rent a home without fear of discrimination. This is a fundamental right protected by state and federal fair housing laws.
Fair Housing Laws prohibit discrimination based on:
It is illegal for a landlord, seller, or lender to:
Community Development141 N. Glendale Ave., Suite 202
Glendale, CA 91202
Housing Division – (818) 548-3936