Emergency Rental Assistance Program for COVID-19
The Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP-C-19) provides rent payments to property owners on behalf of an income-eligible household, up to $750 per month, for two months.
Who is Eligible:
Tenants needing assistance to maintain housing and/or reduce delinquent rental payments.
- Must be a resident of the City of Glendale.
- Must be renting a legal rental unit (or room sublease) and contain a current lease or sublease agreement.Additional information such as utility billings and certain mail service will also be required to establish a household as being a renter household occupying a unit.
- Must qualify as a Moderate-Income Household (below 80% Median Family Income).Total household income cannot exceed the maximums below, per household size in the unit, as established by HUD. Each applicant will be required to submit source documentation demonstrating their income eligibility.
2020 Income Category
Moderate Income (below 80% MFI)
- Must be economically impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.Impacts can include any of the following:
- Loss of income due to a reduction of paid work hours due to COIVD-19 (i.e. being laid off, loss of work hours, income reduction, etc.)
- Loss of income due to sickness with COVID-19 or caring for a household/family member who is sick from COVID-19.
- Extra out-of-pocket expenses due to the impact of COVID-19 (i.e. childcare due to school closure, medical expenses, or expenses incurred to comply with government issued orders etc.)
- Loss of income due to a requirement from a government health order to stay home, self-quarantine, or avoid congregating with others during the state of emergency.
- Loss of income due to other factors related to the COVID-19 emergency.
- Must not have already received emergency relief funding from a local, state, or federal agency for the same purpose (federal Stimulus Check issued by the IRS are exempt from this rule).
- Must not have any familial relationship to the owner of the rental unit.
- Must not be enrolled in the Section 8 program, currently residing in a City sponsored affordable housing project, or enrolled in any other type of housing subsidy program.
- Per federal regulations, applicants applying for assistance must hold legal residency status in order to qualify.
Only for tenants residing in Glendale, CA.
To qualify for this program, see income eligibility by household size, prior to COVID-19 pandemic.
When to Apply
Applications for the Program will we available from July 1, 2020 at 12:00 PM through July 15, 2020 at 12:00 PM. Please check back at that time to apply.
How to Apply
Application portal opens on July 1, 2020 at 12:00 PM
For more information, call (818) 548-2069 or email ERAPCOVID19@glendaleca.gov