COVID-19 ADVISORY MESSAGE
The City of Glendale Building & Safety Division is dedicated to the health and well-being of our customers, employees, and our community. With that in mind, we have adjusted the way we provide our services by exercising social distancing and best practices as ordered by the CDC. We appreciate your flexibility and patience during this unprecedented public health crisis.
Please be advised the Building & Safety and Planning Public Counters are CLOSED to walk-in services. Please do not come to our offices unless specifically directed to do so.
Building Safety services will continue to be offered as outlined below:
PERMITS & PLAN CHECK
Please continue to use the City Licensing, Inspections, and Permits Portal (CLIPP). The online permitting system offers a fast and easy way to obtain simple residential permits such as reroof, water heater, HVAC change-outs and service meter replacements. Please see our list of available online permits .
Plan check services are available for all currently submitted projects, including those being reviewed by third-party consultants. Plan review correspondences will be delivered via email and telephone. Please contact your plan-checker directly for coordination of resubmittals. Plan check resubmittals for projects reviewed by third-party consultants can be dropped off directly to the respective consultant offices.
TO SUBMIT A NEW PROJECT:
- Complete an application.
- Please name the application attachment with the PROJECT ADDRESS and send application to PermitApplication@glendaleCA.gov .
- Once received, a city employee will contact you via email.
- For any additional permit related questions please call 818-548-3200.
INSPECTION AND FIELD SERVICES
- All exterior residential and commercial inspections will be conducted in compliance with social distancing orders.
- At the discretion of the Building Division, a virtual inspection may be conducted. You will be instructed on this process if selected for a virtual inspection.
- Occupied interior residential inspections will not be conducted.
- To schedule an inspection or for any additional inspections related questions please call (818) 548-8830. Remember to provide your phone and email addresses.
PLANS CURRENTLY IN PLAN CHECK: DROP OFF AND PICK UP
The coordination of drop off and pick up of plans currently in the plan check process should be handled through your project plan checker. The drop off area will be available during regular business hours and will be located in a secured, monitored location in the MSB Building lobby at 633 E. Broadway. This will allow applicants to provide plans without visiting the public counter.
The Community Development Department continues to explore ways to safely provide Building and Safety services to the public. Please check back here often to find out how we continue to improve the way we deliver services.
We thank you for your continued cooperation and patience during these challenging times.
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT- EXTENSION ON EXPIRING PERMITS AND PLAN CHECKS
Given the current environment, all plan check and permits expiring during this period will be automatically extended until December 31, 2020. Applicants do not need to submit a request in order to receive this automatic extension.
ABOUT THE PERMIT SERVICES CENTER
The Permit Services Center processes all City permit applications required for residential and commercial remodels plus new construction projects, including: planning, zoning, building, trade, engineering, traffic and fire permits for various projects. Glendale residents are encouraged to contact the Building & Safety Division before beginning any project to check if permits are required.