- Provide proactive advice to City departments in an effort to reduce risk to the City.
- Review contracts and real estate documents.
- Draft ordinances and resolutions.
- Negotiate and draft contracts, development agreements and other documents.
- Provide general legal services to City Departments.
- Provide consultation and legal advice, both oral and written, as requested by City Departments, City Manager, City Council, and boards & commissions.
- Collaborate efforts whereby we are able to pool our knowledge and creativity in order to achieve the highest results for the City.
- Review subpoenas and requests for public records.
- Serve as the hearing officer for parking violations.
- Provide training to City staff, Council, and Commissioners on a wide variety of issues. Serve as advisor on various commissions (i.e., GWP Commission, Planning Commission, Design Review Boards, Transportation & Parking Commission, Arts and Culture Commission, and Commission on the Status of Women, Civil Service Commission).
Litigation & Code Enforcement Staff
- Prepare and file lawsuits to recover costs from third parties responsible for injuries to City employees or property.
- Prosecute violations of the Glendale Municipal Code.
- Manage the legal affairs of the City.
- Defend litigation filed against the City, Redevelopment Agency, and Housing Authority, their officers or employees.
- Recommend and manage outside counsel where retained.
- Investigate and review claims for damages and bring same to disposition.