High school Seniors who already possess some basic job skills, but lack experience are placed in a variety of worksites within the community. The TEAM Program is designed for youth who are able to work more independently. Participants learn to meet workplace expectations such as being on time, dressing appropriately and following through on assignments. After the completion of the TEAM Program, most participants are able to successfully secure and maintain employment.
Participants interested in the TEAM Program must be:
- Between 17 and 18 year old High School seniors
- From a low income household or on the free or reduced lunch program at school
- Live in Glendale, Burbank or La Canada Flintridge
- If under the age of eighteen, must be able to obtain a valid work permit
- Be willing to work after school and/or on weekends
The objective of this program is to provide mentored employment opportunities to local youth as well as prepare them for post secondary education.
Benefits of being a Work-Experience Site for the TEAM Program:
- Grant pays for 180 hours of training & work experience
- GYA is responsible for payroll, taxes and workers' compensation
- Worksite will be responsible for providing adequate supervision and on-the-job training
- If the youth is not the right fit, there is no obligation to hire the youth after the program
Glendale Youth Alliance-TEAM Program
1255 S. Central Avenue
Glendale, CA 91204For more information, please call (818) 937-8055. To obtain a request form click (here)
Youth Application Deadline
Each year, applications are accepted starting September 1st. We will continue accepting applications until the program is full.
How to apply
TEAM Application can also be picked up from the second floor of the Verdugo Jobs Center located at 1255 S. Central Avenue, Glendale, CA 91204. Please complete your applications and submit them before the deadline.
All applications must be printed, signed and personally delivered to the Verdugo Jobs Center. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
Governing StaffFor more information please contact:
Youth Services Program Coordinator
Frequently asked questions
How many times can I participate in the TEAM Program?
Youth participants meeting the program qualifications can enroll only once for the program.
What types of jobs are there for this program?
The TEAM Program offers various jobs in numerous organizations based on skill level and career interest. worksites include, the City of Glendale, schools, libraries, hospitals, retail and other local businesses.