The Employment Incentive Program serves young adults ages 18-24. Participants are placed primarily in private businesses to obtain the necessary skills to gain future employment. The grant pays for the initial 200 training hours as an incentive for the employer to hire the participant. Funding for this program is provided by the Workforce Innovation & Opportunity Act (WIOA).
Participants interested in the Employment Incentive Program must be:
- Between the ages of 18 and 24
- Not attending school at time of enrollment
- Live in Glendale, Burbank or La Canada Flintridge
- Be willing to work part-time, full-time and/or on weekends
- Program also has other eligibility requirements.
The main objective of the Employment Incentive Program is to secure long-term unsubsidized employment for the participants after the completion of the 200 hours of on-the-job training.
Business Incentives for Hiring Through the Employment Incentive Program
- Pre-screened, motivated young adults ready to work for your company!
- Zero initial payroll taxes
- Initial 200 hours of youth wages are paid for by the grant
- We cover workers' compensation insurance
- Worksite will be responsible for providing supervision and on-the-job training
- If the employee is not a right fit, employer is not obligated to hire the youth
For more information, please call (818) 937-8057. To obtain a request form click (here)
Youth Application Deadline
Each year, applications are accepted starting August 1st. We will continue accepting applications until the program is full.
How to apply
Applications can be found in the link below, or be completed at the GYA office located on the second floor of the Verdugo Jobs Center located at 1255 S. Central Avenue, Glendale, CA 91204. Please complete your applications and submit them before the deadline. All applications must be printed, signed and personally delivered to the GYA office. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
For more information please contact:
Youth Services Program Coordinator
(818) 937-8057 or email Lisaacs@Glendaleca.gov
Frequently asked questions
How many times can I participate in the Employment Incentive Program?
Youth participants meeting the program qualifications can be enrolled only once in the Employment Incentive Program.
How much is my hourly pay rate?
Youth participants earn the minimum wage commensurate to the local city wage the worksite is located in.