FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Media Contact: Chuck Wike, Community Relations Manager
Glendale Library, Arts & Culture,
222 East Harvard Street, Glendale CA 91205
818-548-2042 / email@example.com
Stay Informed, Stay Entertained, and Learn Using Glendale Library Online Resources
Although Glendale Library, Arts & Culture (GLAC) locations are closed to the public due to COVID-19, the department continues to operate 24/7 virtually thanks to our myriad of online resources. Library Director Gary Shaffer said, “in this unprecedented time it is important that the library be here for the community, many of whom are isolated at home, some afraid. Thus it is important for people to know their library is here for them, their families, and their friends.” Shaffer added, “Many years ago, the library began adding digital materials to its collection of physical materials... Today we have countless hours of free-to-access premium content and learning opportunities available. In addition to tens of thousands of eBooks and eAudiobooks, the library offers eNewspapers, eMagazines, online classes, online tutoring, and learning games, as well as streaming movies, music, and more. All of these resources can be accessed via one’s library card.”
For those who don’t have a library card it’s easy to get one. Simply:
- Visit http://glac.info/register to request an individual Virtual Library eCard and set up your PIN.
- Download the Glendale Library, Arts & Culture App from your App store. Then set up your library card number in the App
The library has the following free-to-access items on offer:
- 7000+ newspapers & magazines in over 100 languages from PressReader & RB Digital
- 500+ online learning courses from Universal Class
- 70+ language courses from Mango Languages
- Early Learning Center for ages 2 – 8 from Age of Learning’s ABCmouse.com
- 2600+K-12eBooks/audiobooks from Tumble Book Library, Tumble Math & Teen BookCloud
- Homework Help Live online tutoring, writing assistance and test preparation for all ages
- Thousands of eBooks, & audiobooks from CloudLibrary, OverDrive, Hoopla, RB Digital, and Freading
- 5,000+ streaming movies from Hoopla
- 15 Million+ Songs (with playlists) and videos (The entire Sony Music Catalog and more)– Pop, Rock, Rap, and R&B, from Freegal Music
- Coming Soon: GLAC Online Book Club with a free-to-download eBook The Burglar by Thomas Perry.
For more information please call Library information at 818-548-2021 or email Library staff at LibraryInfo@GlendaleCA.gov.
Known as the “Jewel City,” Glendale is the fourth largest city of Los Angeles County. With a population of more than 200,000, Glendale is a thriving cosmopolitan city that is rich in history, culturally diverse, and offers nearly 50 public parks, and easy access to a municipal airport. It is the home to a vibrant business community, with major companies in healthcare, entertainment, manufacturing, retail, and banking.
About Library, Arts & Culture
Glendale’s Library, Arts & Culture Department offers access to countless digital resources including eBooks and audiobooks, eNewspapers, eMagazines, online classes, online tutoring, and learning games, as well as streaming movies and music. For more information call Library, Arts & Culture at 818-548-2021, visit our website www.GlendaleLAC.org, or search for the Library’s mobile app from your device’s app store.
@myglendaleLAC #myglendaleLAC www.GlendaleLAC.org