Eliza Papazian, Public Information Officer
(818) 548-4859 (direct)
City of Glendale to Provide Meals and Deploy Hygiene Facilities for Individuals Experiencing Homelessness
Update to City’s Elderly Nutrition Program
Glendale, CA - The City of Glendale has been working to provide more resources for people living unsheltered leading up to and during the COVID-19 pandemic. Glendale’s Police Department and Community Services & Parks Department have been working diligently to protect our most vulnerable residents from COVID-19, and are coming together to provide packaged meals on a daily basis for people experiencing homelessness.
In addition and in an effort to help our unsheltered population stay clean and reduce the spread of COVID-19, the City’s Public Works Department has been working on a series of efforts to increase hygiene facilities citywide. The City will deploy portable hand washing stations, as well as bathrooms across Glendale.
Hand washing stations are located at:
- Catholic Charities
- Armenian Relief Society
- First Baptist Methodist Church
Bathrooms/Handwashing stations are located at:
- Carr Park
- Pacific Park
- Cerritos Park
- Central Park
- Palmer Park
View a map of facilities.
As of March 20, 2020, the meal distribution plan for seniors currently enrolled in the Elderly Nutrition Program (ENP) is as follows:
- 7 days of frozen meals to seniors who have the means to warm up and store the food in refrigerator/freezer.
- Delivery by City staff or pick up option by the senior or friend/family/designee of senior on assigned days between 3:00pm-4:00pm
- A Brown Bag meal will be distributed to those who don’t have the means to warm up frozen meals and new clients* at two locations:
- Adult Recreation Center – 201 East Colorado, Glendale, CA 91205 – 7 days a week
- Brown Bag Lunch Pick-up time is from 11:30am-12:30pm at Main Lobby entrance near the Glendale Central Library
- Sparr Heights Community Center – 1613 Glencoe Way, Glendale, CA 91208 – Monday – Friday ONLY
- Brown Bag Lunch Pick-up time is from 11:30am-12:30pm at Paloma Ave. entrance
*New Clients must fill out Universal Intake Form before receiving meal:
- New Client’s must be 60 years of age and older;
- Availability is based on supply
For information and inquiries related to the Elderly Nutrition Program, please call (818) 548-3775.
As of March 20, the total number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Glendale is four. For accurate information about COVID-19, including citywide updates, visit glendaleca.gov or follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram at @MyGlendale.